How to Create a Hard Drive Image Backup?by John Clarke Freelancer
In case have the backup of the Windows PC and Mac data, operating system and settings, then the hard disk image is helpful to restore the system which gets crashed or totally cleaned out. If you are using Windows PC or Mac, then you can easily image the external hard disk, but you will need to have sufficient space in the external hard. Follow the instructions given below to create a hard drive image backup.
Steps to Create a Hard Drive Image Backup on Windows
• Connect an external hard disk. You should connect external disk through the Universal Serial Bus cable of the system Universal Serial Bus plugs. You should have an external disk which can store all the data.
• Go to the “Start” menu. Press on the “Windows” symbol located in the end left-hand side of the display.
• Enter the file history in the Start window. It will find the system for the option “Restore your files with File History.”
• Tap on the “Restore your files with File History” option. You will get this on the upper side of the Start menu. After pressing on the option, the File History menu gets open on the screen.
• Tap on the “System Image Backup” option. It is located in the end left-hand side of the screen. In case you see a webpage named as “No File History was found,” then press on the “Configure File History settings” before moving to the next step.
• Tap on the “Create a system image” option. It is located in the top left-hand side of the screen.
• Go through the “On a hard disk” button. It starts indicating the Windows that you wish to use the external disk to store the backup data in it.
• You have to choose the name of the external disk by going through the “On a hard disk” pull-down menu.
• Press on the “Next” button. It is located in the end right-hand side of the screen.
• Tap on the “Start backup” option. It is located at the end of the screen. By clicking on the option, the Windows starts imaging the external hard disk.
• Let the backup to finish on the system successfully. This procedure will take some time to complete, so you should not turn off the system and do not disconnect the hard disk.
• After the backup gets completed on the system, now you have to make the external hard disk repair. You have to press on the “Yes” option and insert the compact disk into the system drive. Check the guidelines mentioned on the screen. The external hard disk repair will permit you to restore the system in case it crashes.
Steps to Create a Hard Drive Image Backup on Mac
• Pair the external hard disk. Connect the hard disk in the Mac Universal Serial Bus plugs. You should have enough space in the external disk..
• Start the Mac again.
• Keep pressing on the Cmd+ R keys together.
• Wait until the Apple symbol starts appearing on the system.
• Free both the keys Cmd +R.
• Tap on the “Disk Utility” option.
• Press on the “Continue button.
• Choose the external hard disk option.
• Press on the “Edit” button.
• Tap on the “Restore” option.
• Press on the “Restore from” pull-down checkbox.
• Choose the Mac hard disk.
• Tap on the “Restore” button.
• Press on the “Done” button.
Sam John is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for McAfee security products atwww.mcafee.com/activate.
Source : Hard Drive Image Backup
Created on Oct 24th 2019 03:09. Viewed 285 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.