How to convince your child for boarding school?by Rohan Sinha Author
A boarding school provides a truly life-changing experience. The boarding school experience with exposure to high-level academics, diverse cultures from all over the world and the opportunity for their individual development as a young adult make them ready for the challenges that lie ahead. But, this experience is only possible when you and your child are prepared for it
Child’s reaction towards boarding school
A children’s instinctive reaction will be negative to the proposition of going to boys residential School or Girls’ Residential School or co-ed boarding school. This is mainly because all they will see is that they are going to lose all their friends, family and to some extent some the freedom they are used to at home and that’s tough especially for a teenager to deal with. But, planning your strategy carefully, and discussing the matter rather than dictate what will happen, will quickly build consensus.
As soon as you consider of sending your child to boarding school, the preparation also begins with it. You should always include them in the decision making process from the very beginning. Listen to what they say and how they feel and take it into consideration and then make a decision for the betterment of your child’s future.
How to convince your child?
- Begin by discussing the importance of very best education that the boarding school will provide them.
- Discuss with them and make them understand that boarding school can offer opportunities that simply are not available at many public schools.
- A Boys Boarding School or Girls’ boarding school or co-ed boarding school can help them to make that transition more easily and be better prepared for college.
- Encourage your child to do some research on the websites of boarding schools as it is good place to begin with.
- Take a trip with your child to visit the campus you are considering and talk with some of the faculty and some of the students. This will help in convincing your child as well as you.
- Do not forget to get a copy of the school rules and go over them with your child. It is very important for both of you to understand the ground rules before making your decision.
So, these are some of the tips to convince your child for boarding school.
Created on Jan 30th 2019 00:05. Viewed 411 times.