How to Clean The Greasy Filters of The Kitchen Chimney?by Bappaditta Jana share market adviser
When was it last that you checked underneath the stove hood and the exhaust fan filter? If it has been a while that you have checked then, let me warn you that it is not going to be pretty. The objective of range hood filter is to collect grease, so if it’s functioning properly then, it’s going to look and feel well sticky and greasy.
With time the filter gets blocked with sticky and greasiness that it loses its effectiveness. So it is better to clean the chimney periodically. Well, thanks to technology, cleaning the chimneys isn’t hard at all!
This content will define you how to clean the filter in your sink with boiling water, baking soda, and strong de-greasing dish soap. Some of the filters can actually be washed in the dishwasher, but it completely depends on how often you have cleaned them. Recently, oil collector kitchen chimney in Kolkata has been very popular for its easy cleaning process.
So, let’s de-grease the filters now.
What you need for cleaning?
• Extremely hot or boiling water
• De-greasing dish soap
• Baking soda
• Dish cloth or paper towels
• Non abrasive scrub brush
1. Take out the filter or the oil collector bowl from the chimney- Most of the filters can be popped out or slide out easily. So take them out for cleaning.
2. Fill the bucket with boiling water- the hotter the water the better it is. Hot water works effectively in cleaning the sticky grease.
3. Pour baking soda and dish soap- pouring a good spurt de-greasing dish soap and ¼ cup of baking soda into the hot water. Mix it well with the brush till it creates soapy water.
4. Put greasy filter in water- submerge the greasy filter into the water completely.
5. Let them soak- allow them to soak for 10 minutes.
6. Scrub the filters- After 10 minutes soaking, use the non abrasive scrub brush and scrub the filter hard. Add some more dish soap to brush if required.
7. Rinse and dry- rinse the filter thoroughly and dry it with a clean cloth.
8. Replace the filter and repeat the process- Place the filters back into their place and repeat the cleaning once in a month, this is a good maintenance strategy.
Therefore, you will get innumerable brands of kitchen chimneys in Kolkata, but maintaining them is completely in your hand which will increase its life span.
Created on Oct 11th 2017 07:01. Viewed 349 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.