How to choose the correct sublimation paper?by Barkha Pahuja SEO/Writer
There are several sublimation transfer paper exporters in India
selling quality papers to serve the needs of the customers. However,
there are several factors one should consider to choose the right
kind of sublimation transferring paper for use. Some of them are:
The capacity of ink: The most important thing which you need to check
is the ink limit. With a higher amount of ink limit, the quality of
the paper should be heavy. Having a thick quality paper is important
so that it can take in the moisture of the ink without causing issues
like that of getting curled or warped.
• The pattern of the ink: The ink patterns refer to the printing of the complex design artwork that is done by mixing the heavy and the light ink inputs. This is generally seen in case of papers with low weight. This adds up the occurrence of getting curled and shifted just after it is being pressed. To eliminate the issue, it is recommended to make use of high GSM papers like that of 110 gsm that would have the capacity to accept both the heavy as well as light inks.
• Rolling and sheeting: The calendar heat press makes use of a low GSM. Alternatively, there are certain limitations too in case of the production with a higher capacity. In such cases, heavy ink along with limit and capacity needs to be taken into consideration.
• Speed of the printing: The production of the sublimation transfer paper depends on the speed at which it shall be printed. Therefore, the quality of the papers needs to be taken into consideration. The fast printing helps in producing papers with lightweight while a slow printing produces a thick paper quality.
• Sublimation, along with the humidity of the working environment: This sublimation paper has a great connection with the humidity of the working environment where the process of printing is done. As per sublimation transfer paper exporters, if the humidity is less than 45%, it is recommended to opt for paper having an average thickness of 80 gsm. It is because, in case of lower humidity level, the paper is likely to shrink turning the printed side hunched up. Now, during it, the paper absorbs a much higher quantity of ink leading to that hunch. Using 100gsm or the 120gsm paper is okay, but as they are harder compared to the 80gsm paper, the print head might get damaged. As the 80 gsm paper is quite soft, it avoids situations like hunch up, thus protecting the print head from further damages.
In the case of
humidity ranging above 70%, it is recommended to use paper of
thickness 110-120 gsm. It is because, in such high humidity, the
paper gets damp easily. Due to this dampness, the paper usually
becomes too soft for getting a proper print. So, making use of a
stiff and thicker paper, it will not get much affected due to the
humidity providing you with stuff and best quality print out.
Uses of these papers:
The high-quality papers manufactured by the
sublimation transfer paper suppliers in India are used in various
• Apparels: For lycra materials, swimwear,
polyester based dress materials and other such sports and functional
• At Home: For the manufacture of curtains, blinds, towel cleaners, covers, etc.
• For advertisement: For making flags, banners, flyers, and other such advertising textile based items.
Created on Jul 15th 2019 04:57. Viewed 44 times.