How to Choose Parking Tiles?by Avadhesh Sharma SEO Analyst
Tiles are manufactured pieces of hard-wearing materials made from ceramic, stone, metal, baked clay or even glass used normally to cover roofs, floors, walls or any other objects like tabletops. They are most often square or rectangular in shape.
Kinds of Tiles
Tiles are objects used to cover roofs and floors. So naturally tiles are of two types mainly floor tiles and roof tiles. In a parking lot, floor tiles are put to use. Depending on where the tile is being used tiles are again subdivided into six main types categorized as:
• Ceramic Tile
• Porcelain Tile
• Glass Tile
• Marble Tile
• Granite Tile
• Other Natural Stone Tile
Again speaking of floor tiles there are a few varieties used variously. They can be:
• Ceramic Floor Tiles
• Vitrified Floor Tiles
• Glazed Vitrified Floor Tiles
• Polished Vitrified Floor Tiles
• Double Charge Vitrified Floor Tiles
• Porcelain Floor Tiles
• Nano Floor Tiles
• Full Body Vitrified Floor Tiles
Where to Use Vitrified Tiles
Vitrified tiles are exceptionally long-lasting and heavy-duty weather proof tiles for everyday use. They can withstand discolouration and scratches and its longevity is a good 10 – 15 years if maintained properly. They can also be prone to breakage due to rough handling and mishandling. As these tiles are in heavy demand for parking bays, it is easily available with Parking Tile Suppliers all over India.
What are Vitrified Tiles
Vitrified tiles are actually ceramic tiles with low porosity used specifically outdoors because it is water and frost resistant. These tiles are manufactured by hydraulic pressing a mixture of clay, quartz, feldspar and silica which make a glass like surface. The pressing process creates a single mass which makes it hard with low porosity. As can be clearly understood from that vitrified tiles because of its nature is the most suitable tile for Parking Tiles.
Types of Vitrified Tiles
Vitrified tiles can again be subdivided into four types depending on the make and procedure. They are:
1. Soluble salt vitrified tiles which are screen printed and polished. Its durability as can be understood from its make is very low.
2. Double charge vitrified tiles go through a process which prints the pattern in a double layer pigment making it 3-4 mm thicker than the other tiles. The process does not allow show and grand look but makes it a long lasting tile suitable for heavy traffic commercial projects.
3. Full body vitrified tiles are pigmented through the entire body making it less prone to chipping and scratch resistant. This is the ideal choice for high traffic zones like parking lots although the cost goes up. But this makes it a good choice for Parking Tiles.
4. Glazed vitrified tiles have a glazed surface with a wide variety of design, art work and various surface textures which can ideally be used in sophisticated environments. The process is expensive but with advancing technology the cost is coming down.
Advantages of Parking Tiles or Full Body Vitrified Tiles
As full body vitrified tiles are stain and scratch resistant, it becomes easier to maintain and clean them. They can resist acids and chemicals and are industry friendly. Being water resistant and neutral to the sun’s UV rays, it is a good choice for parking areas. A customer is spoilt for choice when it comes to Parking Colour Tiles. There are many according to one’s demands and choice.
The make of the vitrified tile is the deciding factor of the location it is to be used. A good quality full body vitrified tile is the ideal choice for a parking area and which can be supplied by a genuine Parking Tile Supplier in India.
Created on Jun 18th 2021 23:09. Viewed 32 times.