How to Change the Default Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10by Bobby Clarke Developer
Recycle Bin is one of the most important icons for both laptops and PC as it works as a trash bin to store all the deleted items and files. It provides us the accessibility to storing all the removed items once more on the device. Swapping Recycle Bin icon is not a difficult task as it only requires a set of instructions to manage your Recycle Bin setups and also for the modification of the respective icon.
In order to change the trash Bin icon on your PC running on Windows 10, it is mandatory to check that the file is associated with the “.ico” file or not. It should be in the same format; otherwise, you will not be able to modify its icon. The Recycle Bin appears in two different icons: one indicated the empty Bin while the other signifies that the recycle bin is full or contains data or files.
Here is how to manage and change the Trash Bin icon on Windows 10 effortlessly:
Modifying Trash Icon through Desktop Icon Settings
- In the beginning, hover towards the lowermost left-hand side section of the Taskbar and then choose the option “Search Bar.”
- Now, input “Themes” into the search panel, followed by the Enter key.
- After that, select the first-most tap there.
- Next, hit the Desktop icon settings parked at the right-hand side section of your display.
- Now, select the icon that resembles the Recycle Bin.
- Then, press the option “Change Icon.”
- After that, you may choose any other window icon instead. Alternatively hit the Browse option and select the option for another image file (In case you have a Recycle Bin icon of Windows 7.)
- Then, hit the OK tab to save changes that you have made.
- Now, you have to repeat the above-guided instructions by selecting the icon to resemble the Recycle Bin there.
- Next, hit the Change Icon option there.
- Now, select the Recycle Bin (Empty icon).
- After that, hit the Change Icon button there.
- Now, you have to note that this fresh icon requires a “.ico” file to change its icon. Any other formats won’t allow the image to be applied for the trash bin icon.
- Next, hit the Apply tab and then press on OK.
- Here, you will see that the Trash Bin icon is successfully changed to the respective image that you wish.
Restoring Icons to Default
This section will guide you through restoring your existing settings to the default one. Many users need it as they may need to restore the modified icon theme to default one. It is directed to follow all the instructions carefully as any mistake will lead to the failure of your mission.
- In the beginning, enter “Themes” into the search panel.
- Then, hit the first most option there.
- After that, press the desktop icon settings.
- Now, choose the icon of Recycle Bin.
- Next, press the Restore Default option there.
- Then, it is recommended to repeat the same procedure for the empty recycle bin icon.
- Hit the OK tab to save all the modifications that you have made. Then, exit from the menu section there.
- Now, the recycle bin icon is successfully set to the previous default one on your Windows 10
Created on Jun 16th 2020 03:43. Viewed 321 times.