How to Change the Amazon Fire Stick Name?
by Ashley Miller Engineer
Did you recently buy a brand new Amazon Fire Stick? Well, if the answer to that is yes, then you might be looking for ways to maximize its usage. If you wish to change the name of Fire Stick, so here are the instructions to rename the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Let’s get started.
Check the Device Name
If you want to change the device name, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, launch the Fire TV Stick application on your device.
- Then you should select the “Settings”.
- You should navigate to the right & select “my Fire TV”.
- After that, you have to go to the “Fire TV Stick 4K”.
- Now, write down the assigned name beneath the “Device Name” section.
Enter the Amazon Account
You need to enter the Amazon account, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Get started by going to the Amazon’s official site on your device.
- Then you should go to the upper right-hand side of the screen & select the “Hello, Sign In” menu.
- Navigate to the dialog box & enter the email ID.
- Select the “Continue” option.
- When the prompt comes, input the password.
- Now, you have to click on “Sign In” option.
Modify the Name of Device
If you want to modify the name of the device, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- To get started, you have to move down to the end of the screen.
- Then go to the “Manage Your Content & Device” beneath the “Let Us Help You” section.
- To show the list of all available devices by Amazon, select the “Your Devices” option.
- Thereafter you should locate the device that you would like to change the name & select it.
- Now, you will see the new menu come under the chosen device.
- You should go to the “Edit” option near to the name of the device.
- Later, select a new device name.
- Now, click on the Save button.
Modify the Fire TV Stick Name on the Phone
You need to modify the Fire TV Stick Name on the Phone, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to launch the Amazon application on your device.
- Then you should go to the “hamburger” button on the upper left-hand side of the display.
- Navigate to the drop-down menu & choose “Your Account”.
- You have to select “Content & Devices”.
- Thereafter you should choose “Devices”.
- Choose the Fire TV/ or Fire Stick device that you would like to change the name.
- Go to the Edit option, & the new page will prompt.
- You should select a new name.
- Now, tap on “Save” option & you will see a popup that says “your device’s name is successfully changed”.
Ashley Miller is a Mcafee product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate.
Created on Oct 22nd 2019 01:50. Viewed 449 times.