How to Change Internet Explorer Privacy Settings?by Hayate Abul Digital Marketing
As we know, the privacy settings of Internet Explorer affects how websites monitor the user’s online activities. So, if you are not able to modify the internet explorer security settings, then do not worry. For that, here are the guidelines that will help to decide when websites can utilize your location information or prevents unwanted pops up, etc. So, here are the steps to change the security settings of Internet Explorer. It is highly suggested to be attentive while reading and implementing these steps.
Contact with the Administrator
When you are running a domain-based system, the administrator may have set up fresh policies that limit you from modifying the security settings of Internet Explorer. Get in touch with the administrator to ask the additional info.
Check the Windows Registry
In case the user wishes to check the Windows Registry, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Navigate to the Windows search on your system.
- After that, enter ‘regedit’ into it and then press the Enter key.
- In case pop-up show by ‘User Account Control’ then select the Yes to launch the Registry Editor.
- You should locate the way to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInterne’.
- Later, look at the items ‘Security_options_edit and Security_zones_map_edit.’
- Now, if findings the choices then adjust the value to 0.
When you are not using the domain-based system, then twice check the registry, since Internet Explorer security could be turned off by the registry. In case you cannot edit the registry of Windows 10, then check these steps and locate the fixes to the problem.
Reset the Internet Explorer
In case the user wants to reset the Internet Explorer, then abide by the provided steps.
- Firstly, shut all the programs and Windows on your system.
- After that, launch Internet Explorer.
- You should click on the Tools option.
- Then select the Internet options.
- Go to the Advanced option and select it.
- Reach the ‘Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialogue box’ and click on the Reset option.
- If asked ‘Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?,’ then verify the action by choosing Reset option.
- In case Internet Explorer completes saving standard settings, choose the Close option.
- Later, click on the OK button.
- Now, reboot the system to save these fresh changes.
Run a Clean Boot If Security Settings Keep Resetting
In case the user wishes to run a clean boot if security settings keep resetting, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Navigate to the Search section on your taskbar.
- After that, input ‘msconfig’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- You will see a ‘System Configuration Utility’ on your screen.
- Go to the ‘Services tab of System Configuration’ option and check the box of the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’.
- It will give you third-party services only. Select the ‘Disable all’ option to turn off them.
- Reach the ‘Startup tab of System Configuration’ chooses the ‘Open Task Manager’ option.
- Beneath the Startup option, for every startup item, choose the item, pick the Disable option.
- Later, you should click on the Task Manager.
- Now, go to the Startup section and choose the OK button.
Mathew Anderson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Mathew has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup
Source : Internet Explorer Privacy Settings
Created on Mar 3rd 2020 07:25. Viewed 186 times.