How To Change Hotmail Passwordby Finn J. Tips and Tricks
Here are steps to change your Hotmail password:
Step 1: Go to account.com/password/change which is located in the address bar of a browser then tab on ‘Return’.
Step 2: If you are not signed in then enter your Hotmail address and password, after this click ‘Next’.
Step 3: When prompted to generate a security code then Click ‘Send Code’, enter that later.
Step 4: Type your current password in the given field then Click ‘ Change your password’.
Step 5: Enter a new password and confirm this. If would wish to be prompted to change your password regularly then check ‘Make me change my password every 72 days.’
Step 6: Lastly, click ‘Next’, your password for logging Hotmail is changed now.
You must use a different way to reset a forgotten or lost password.
Steps how to reset a lost Hotmail password:
· Open the ‘Outlook’
· Tap ‘Get Started’, you can skip this if you have opened Outlook before. You should have to reset your Outlook password only if you have never logged into Outlook on your smartphone or if your account recently had the password changed.
· Enter your email address, tap ‘Add Account’.
· Now, tap ‘Forgot my password’ then check ‘I Forgot my password’
· Tap ‘Next’, then type the verification code then tap ‘Next’.
· Tap on an account recovery option, either Email/Text.
· Enter your email address or phone number to verify your identity.
· Tap on ‘Send Code’ then retrieve the recovery code and enter the recovery code.
· Type in the code that you retrieved from your email address/phone then tap ‘Next’, as long as your code is correct, this will take you to the password reset page.
· Now, enter a new password then tap on ‘Next’ when prompted. Now, it’ll take you back to the sign-in page where you can sign in to your account using your new password.
If you are still having any trouble, there is Microsoft Help for you to assist you and help in resolving your issues.
Created on Aug 28th 2019 03:46. Viewed 527 times.