How to change Apple id passwordby william smith password recovery forum
How to Change the Apple ID Password
There are times when
an Apple user has to change their account password. But due to lack of
information about the password changing process the user can't perform the
process. If you have a need to change Apple ID password from iPhone,
you may follow the steps described below:
· First of all, you have to open the Settings on
your iPhone or iPad.
· Then, you are required to select the profile.
· Further, you will require to go to the
Password & Security option.
· After that, tap on the Change Password option.
· Consequently, you will be asked to provide
your current password.
· Following, you will get change your Apple ID
password option and set a new password for your account also confirm the
· Once you change the password, you should try
to login with the new password that you have created on your device.
Apart from this, if
you want to change your Apple ID password on your Mac and wondering how to change my Apple ID password. Then the given steps will help you
Once you confirmed the
new password your password is changed. Next time whenever you try to login to
your Apple account you need to enter the new password.
If in case you don’t
have the current password also you don’t have the access in to your Apple
account you can still reset the password and recover your Apple account. You
need to follow the step given below if you don’t have the current password of
your Apple account: Using two factor verification you can change the
password through any trusted iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Go to settings > your name
> Password and security > change password for the ios 10 or later
- Go to iCloud > your name
> Password and security > change password for the ios 10.2 or
- Then you have to follow the
instructions on the screen
Steps to Change Your
Apple ID Password on Mac
1. Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner
of the screen of your MAC
2. Go to system preferences then click on iCloud
3. It will ask you to enter your Apple password
you need to click on Forgot Apple ID or password
4. Then follow the instructions on the screen
5. Click on password it will ask you to enter the
password of your MAC then it will give you the option to reset the password of
your Apple ID If you are not able to get access to any of your devices
associate to your Apple ID you need to follow the steps given below:
- Open Find my iPhone app
- Make the Apple id field empty
by erasing everything from it when you see sign in option
- Tap forgot Apple ID
- Follow the steps given on the
Also you can use the
security question answer verification method to reset your Apple ID password.
This is how you will
be able to change Apple ID password from iPhone and Mac. Moreover, if you face any
problem while doing the process or you get stuck at any step of the recovery
process. You may contact the Apple support service team to get instant help
from the customer support team.
Created on Nov 19th 2019 22:54. Viewed 249 times.