How to Automatically Forward All the Email to One Gmail Inboxby John Smith SEO Executive
Anyone who marks their presence on the web must be aware of Gmail. It is one of the most widely used email platforms of Google. Gmail has over a billion users around the planet. Gmail has evolved in many ways. It is one of the best email services which includes automatic forwarding of emails to a different account. Although, this feature can only be set up when you have access to the desktop.
Back in the previous days, everyone mostly used to have just one email address. But in the present time, it is normal to have more than one email. To check all of them with ease, it is convenient to forward them to one single inbox. It is a simple task if you have Gmail. All the email can be sent to a single central inbox. They can be clearly filtered and archived as well.
How to Forward Email Address to Gmail
There are two parts for it, one includes simple, straightforward forwarding, but if you are not able to access it properly, then a couple of extra steps are also required.
- Simply go to the Settings of the email address you want to forward.
- Look for the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Tap on “Add a Forwarding Address.”
- You will see a box asking you to redirect the mail to.
- Type in the address and tap Next.
- You will now see a confirmation box asking “Are you sure”?
- If you are fine, tap Proceed.
- If you want to start again, click Cancel.
- Now a verification email will be sent to the email address, tap on that.
- Now go back to the Gmail account, Setting page and refresh it.
- Tap on Forwarding a copy of incoming mail to.
- Tap on save changes at the end of the page.
Filter Email for giving it a Unique Label
You can easily lose the overview when you have lots of addresses connect in one place. When you label each one with unique, you will be able to identify at a glance about all the emails.
Labeling is also beneficial if you plan on dumping email address. Only by looking at the labels, you will be able to see how active that address is.
Setting up a filter
In the Gmail search box, enter the email address you are willing to label with a preface “to.”
- So, when you type to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It will bring up all emails under that address.
- Now at the right side of the search box, drop the arrow down.
- You will now be shown with the email details.
- Keep the name of email address and leave everything else blank.
- In the bottom right, Tap on the Create filter with this search.
- In next screen, Select Apply the Label.
- After that, either select an existing label or make a new one.
- Now tap Never Send To Spam.
- Save it now.
- Begin the process again to set up another label, if you have more email addresses.
John Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at office.com/setup
Created on Oct 23rd 2018 08:34. Viewed 163 times.