How Safe and Secure are File Sharing Services?by Codebase AG GetBackYourPrivacy-Best File Transfer Website
Trusting the assistance of a third-party website to Send Large Files containing sensitive and confidential data raises a security concern. Who else would have to access the documents? Does anybody with access to the remote server have unchecked all files which are shared?
3 Main Concerns:
When it comes to secure files transfer, then it becomes important for you to consider the essential factors in order to get a reliable service provider and top-quality service.
- Theft: Hosting a document on a third-party site known for hosting so many files, your data is more possible to be stolen by a cybercriminal. Another important is that those who have access to the data centers can easily read personal details from any of the documents which are hosted.
- Viruses: Malware and viruses are predominant on the internet and find several methods to seed into the files. As the files are going through the third-party, so the chances of being exposed to the viruses seem great than if a data shared via FTP or email.
- Corruption of File: While downloading a document from a third-party site, there is a threat that integrity or some of the quality of the files get lost during the share, thereby making it unusable or inaccessible.
Safety Measures Used:
The Best File Transfer Website has both physical and electronic safeguards right in place to give protection the file being shared. A few of the ways are network access control, physical safeguards, and data scrambling.
- Encryption and Data Scrambling: The most popular file transfer service providers generally scramble the names of all document on the server, thus making it impossible for a hacker to the network to recognize any file or document. They promise the only way to download or access the files is either by entering the user information or by the link that is given in the mail.
- Physical Safeguards: Several file sharing websites use manifold physical safeguards for protecting their data centers. The majority facilities are secured with on-site security guards and video surveillance.
- Authorization and User Authentication: While signing up for a particular account, the user should enter a password and a valid email address. These details are encoded on the website server. The only way to access a data is to enter the corresponding password and username.
Well, it is your responsibility to choose the best file transfer service provider so that you can enjoy the real-time user experience. Codebase AG is a reliable and reputable company that helps you to transfer your large and confidential files securely.
Haldenstrasse 5 CH-6006, Luzern, Switzerland.
+41 41 312 13 91
Codebase Technologies Private Limited
427 First floor, Udyog Vihar Phase 3, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
+91 124 4203552
Created on Jun 20th 2018 02:02. Viewed 580 times.