How Preschools and Child Care Centers Build Resilience In Studentsby Mirdalini Sharma Digital Marketer
For growing kids, it is important that they are taught resilience in schools. It is necessary that they bounce back from adversity, and cope well with the trauma and emotional imbalance that they may face as a challenge of growing up. The teaching of resilience starts from the preschool stage itself. Schools are recognizing that it is important that they provide the right supportive climate for the social and emotional well-being of the children. There are a variety of methods to teach resilience to the kids. Some of the strategies that are used by preschools and child care centers to build resilience in students are as follows:
• A good preschool avoids focusing on the failures of a child. Rather, the positivity is picked and encouraged.
• The feeling of competitiveness and self-efficacy is fostered in a balanced and right way.
• Positive behaviors are reinforced and negative behaviors are tactfully declined that helps kids to build resilience in them.
• Positive qualities like empathy, forgiveness, optimism, and bonding are cultivated strongly among the children of the preschool.
• Positive social connections between the staff and children, among the students; and between the parents and teachers are promoted.
• Each child is evaluated as per his potential and realistic achievable targets are set for the children. They are taught how and where to reach out for help when needed.
• The staff is trained to teach the students by example. This is an effective approach to help build resilience in preschool children.
• It is noted that physical health supports resilience. A good preschool will have an equal measure of work and play. This ensures that the kid gets enough sleep, exercise, and the right food.
• Cognitive competencies can help insightfulness and general skills development. So include information processing, intellectual ability, and problem-solving syllabus in the preschool.
• Motivation and perseverance are needed to reach the goals. The children are taught social competence and self-regulation that helps them cope with the social and emotional situations.
It is important that the teachers along with the management staff pick the right model and intervention when it comes to synthesizing the research and resources available on resilience in schools. The school administrators have to provide extra support to the teachers; and the teachers, in turn, help the students for support. When the pre nursery schools in South Delhi like the Made Easy Preschool, help students build resilience, they promote positive academic and behavioural outcomes.
Created on May 13th 2019 09:42. Viewed 526 times.