How Podcasts & Their Transcription Help in Effective Marketingby Julie Clements Promoter
There are many ways to consume information and each person may have a particular preference. Audio content is a convenient and easy way to absorb information; however some may prefer video while others prefer written content. Podcasts are interesting options and have become the hottest marketing tool over the past few years. These are self-contained online presentations that can be used to educate and spread information to a wide range of audience. With the help of an established digital transcription services, podcasts can be transcribed into a document format. Podcast transcription is a textual version of the podcast episode that makes it easy for people to find valuable content for productive purposes. It helps business owners communicate with their targeted audience and build a strong relationship with them.
Studies show that 24 percent of Americans over the age of 12 listen to podcasts on a monthly basis; and according to Statista, by 2021 there will be more than 100 million podcast listeners in the United States.
Popularity of Podcasts
Over the last few years podcasts started gaining popularity due to the rising use of mobiles and consumers moving away from their desktops. Search engines are also changing their algorithms and giving priority to mobile devices. Another reason for the popularity of podcasts is that people are busier than ever today and this has made it difficult for them to sit down and read a book or watch TV without any distraction. Podcasts are easy to listen to during a commute or when doing some other work. Today, it is easy to produce podcasts and also find and access podcasts. It is important though to have high quality broadcast to provide excellent user experience. The podcast can be easily published on websites also.
How Podcasts Are Used for Marketing
Content is the key element in marketing and businesses in all sectors strive to produce quality content. Many businesses have their own blogs which they keep updating with written content, but podcasts are changing that trend. It means that with podcasts there is no need for text content as in articles and blogs. Businesses can use podcasts to put out quality and relevant content with minimum effort. Podcasts improve conversion and helps in building brand recognition, trust and authority among customers. They build credibility in the podcaster’s niche. As Seth Greene of Market Domination LLC.com told MartechToday, "For the next three to five years, podcasting will be the new ground for marketing.” There are a billion listeners and that's supposed to triple in the next few years. So this means that this is the best time to get into podcasting and start capitalizing as it grows.
Tips to Use Podcasts in Your Marketing Strategy
- Invest in quality equipment: Access to advanced technology and quality equipment has become much more affordable. You can use these for podcast recording without compromising on the quality.
- Host on the most relevant platform: There are many podcast platforms available today and you need to find the most relevant platforms for your industry. It is of little use if you have the most amazing podcast in the business if your audience listens on a different platform.
- Create relevant content consistently: Consumers love engaging content that is relevant, informative and entertaining. Generate good quality content with proper planning, research and development to provide a great listening experience to your audience.
Podcasting is becoming popular in the current business world and it has become one of the most effective marketing strategies. It is best to have your business podcasts transcribed accurately. Following are the two main reasons for transcribing podcasts.
- More viewers: Today we can get access to news and infotainment directly on our mobile devices via podcasts. Users can listen to the podcast even when commuting. By transcribing podcasts you can reach out to a wider audience and the transcripts are valuable to people with hearing disability.
- Improved SEO ranking: With transcribed podcasts, businesses can capture a larger audience and with a large audience you can build the value of your website for search engines like Google, Bing and others. With AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) becoming the next standard for mobile and search by voice,search engines have shown an inclination to value podcasts that are combined with text.
The ideal way to get professional podcast transcripts is by outsourcing to a provider of reliable digital transcription services. These providers ensure accurate and time-stamped transcripts at affordable prices.
Created on Nov 1st 2019 01:48. Viewed 355 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.