How iOS 13 Helps Save your iPhone’s Battery

by Edward Lewis consultant

iPhones consist of lithium-ion batteries, which offer a more extended life if you usually don’t charge more than 80%. Though, mostly you must be choosing to charge your iOS device fully.  Apple is trying to make things easier with iOS 13.

At the WWDC 2019, Apple presented iOS 13 to the world. Battery optimization was one of the most notable features being offered with the iOS 13. It is destined to stop your iPhone from charging above 80% if it is not necessary. You must be thinking about why Apple is forcing you to keep the battery maximum charged at 80%. It is because of the Lithium-ion battery technology.

The technology behind the battery is very complicated. Its primary goal is to fill in the maximum energy possible and release it without any explosion. When it comes to Lithium-ion batteries, the technology behind them is more complicated as they are rechargeable.

Why should you not keep 100% battery?

Lithium-ion batteries are capable of charging 80% quicker than the battery technologies existed before. This percentage of battery is ideal for many to go through the day. Though, there is a maximum charge cycle issue with Lithium-ion, regardless of having a memory issue. After charging battery multiple times, it starts losing capacity. You might be thinking 100% battery from zero percentage is a full charge. But, if you will charge to 100% from 80 continuously for five days, the remaining 20% compiles up as overall one entire charge cycle.

You must not drain the battery to zero and then charge to 100% because it is not suitable for the battery in the long run. Even it is not good to charge the battery all the time; when your phone’s battery stays around 100%, the chances of overheating increases. Once the battery gets charged fully, it stops for a while and starts soon for preventing overcharging issues. Like, when the battery percentage reaches 100%, it goes down back to 95% or 98% and keeps repeating the cycle.

Implement the 40-80 rule

The best solution for keeping your device and its battery safe is to use the 40-80 rule. A lot of battery manufacturers recommend it for various reasons. This rule suggests you do not keep the battery less than 40% and charge more than 80% to avoid damage and protect the battery. If you want your battery to be charged maximum, keep the battery percentage around 80%.

The new charging algorithm in iOS 13

You get the battery health feature for checking the capacity of the battery and its history as well, with the iOS update offered recently. It will be easy to check whether you implemented the 40-80 rule or not. However, starting the day with around 80% battery can problem for those who travel around a lot and don’t have access to a charging outlet. The remaining 20% battery will make a difference at the end of the day.

Apple is offering a new algorithm with iOS 13 that is destined to keep the battery of your iPhone at 80% while you charge overnight. The algorithm will be connected with daily schedules, like when you get started with the day and rest to offer a fully charged battery. You can quickly get the maximum charge and keep the battery safe at the same time!

Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at

Source : How iOS 13 Helps Save your iPhone’s Battery


Sponsor Ads

About Edward Lewis Innovator   consultant

3 connections, 0 recommendations, 99 honor points.
Joined APSense since, May 4th, 2018, From miami, United States.

Created on Jun 12th 2019 09:44. Viewed 320 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.