How endometriosis is connected with infertility?by Indira IVF Indira IVF - Largest Fertility Chain In India
Females with endometriosis may experience infertility issues. Endometriosis is a condition wherein cells similar to endometrial cell grows in the women reproductive organs like uterine cavity or ovaries. It is often painful disorder which can be faced by a female. During endometriosis, the endometrial tissue that grown outside may continue to act normal. But it gets thicken, break down and bleed with each menstrual cycle. The reason behind, displaced tissue has no way to come out of a female’s body. When endometriosis occurs in ovaries, a cyst may form that is known as endometriomas. This condition may result in severe pain especially during menstrual periods. The major impact of this condition is on the reproductive organs of a female. As a result, it may affect the menstrual cycle. Infertility is a condition when a couple is not able to conceive with regular unprotected intercourse. The presence of this state may give birth to the fertility issues among females. Around 10 to 15% of females are affected with endometriosis. Fortunately, endometriosis treatment is available that can help a woman to overcome this issue. In order to detect this problem, there are some symptoms that will help you to figure out the issue.
• Painful menstrual periods: Prior to periods you may experience the cramping and pelvic pain which may continue for several days into menses. At times, a female may face pain in lower back and abdominals.
• Excessive bleeding: An individual may observe heavy periods on an occasional basis or bleeding in between the periods.
• Pain during intercourse and bowel movements: In the case of endometriosis, a woman can face pain during or after intercourse. Apart from this, painful bowel movement during the periods is one of the main endometriosis symptoms.
• Infertility: It is a state of when a couple is unable to conceive. When they go for diagnosis, endometriosis is generally found while treating for infertility.
In many cases, a female can feel severe pain that doesn’t mean the condition is serious. Some females with mild endometriosis can have intense pain while others may not feel severe pain with high endometriosis. If you are observing all the signs and symptoms then it can be an indication of endometriosis. Although, it can be a challenging condition to manage. If it is diagnosed early then it can help you understand the symptoms. Additionally, early diagnosis will help you to manage the symptoms.
What are the causes of endometriosis?
There is no exact cause has been defined for endometriosis but the possible explanations consist:
• Immune disorder system: It may happen that issues with the human immune system may affect your body to recognize and destroy the tissue which gowns out.
• Retrograde menstruations: In case of retrograde menstruation, the flow of blood happens back through fallopian tubes and into the pelvic cavity rather than coming out of the body. Displaced endometrial cell glued to the surface of pelvic organs or walls.
• Family history: Female having close relative suffering with the endometriosis may have 10&% of chances to get this issue. In the case of twins, there is a chance that both the babies may get this issue.
Complications with endometriosis:
The main issue that is attached with endometriosis is infertility. Around half of the females with endometriosis can have difficulty in getting pregnant. The occurrence of endometriosis can obstruct the tubes and affect the fertilization process. In many cases, the condition might affect fertility in indirect ways such as to cause damage to the egg or sperm. Apart from this, the chances of ovarian cancer are higher in the case of women with endometriosis. Certain studies have revealed the increased risk but it is still relatively low.
Both endometriosis and infertility can be treated alone. And despite the fact, infertility due to endometriosis can be treated. It is seen that both the conditions needed surgery to treat them. Generally, the scars and adhesions that occur due to endometriosis are removed from ovaries. But these surgeries do not give surety to treat infertility. After treating this condition, if a couple is not able to conceive then they can go for fertility treatments like IVF or IUI. It will enhance their chances of getting pregnant in an effective manner.
Created on Jan 24th 2019 03:11. Viewed 536 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.