How Does IRON Program for Nurses Help You Make Lucrative Career in Australia?by Arpita Shah Seo Executive
Most of us know the importance of nurses in the healthcare system. There are fewer professions more necessary and respected. Their dedication, hard work and passion are important to the health of people, their family and the wider community. The profession also offers you a future-proof career.
In Australia, there has always been a shortage of expert nurses, and that’s the reason why the Australian Government and professional bodies have taken impeccable initiatives, such as the IRON program for nurses, to attract the overseas nurses to come and practice in the Australian healthcare settings.
So, if you want to make a lucrative career in nursing, Australia welcomes you!
What is an IRON program?
IRON refers to Initial Registration Overseas Nurses, and it’s a 13-week program designed for overseas nurses to provide them with the skills and understanding to practice competently in a variety of healthcare settings in Australia. Once completing the program, graduates will be eligible to apply to AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) for registration as a Registered nurse.
There are plenty of reasons for joining the IRON Program:
- The program prepares you for becoming a part of the Australian nursing workforce. The program enables you to build your theoretical knowledge and sharpen nursing skills.
- Candidates joining the program are required to undertake Professional placement during the program, allowing them to accumulate supervised experience and expertise facilitated by local clinical experts.
Eligibility for the Program
In order to join the program, you must:
- Be a qualified overseas nurse with a qualification equivalent to that of a degree-qualified Australian-trained registered nurse.
- Apply for overseas nurse registration to AHPRA.
- Have IELTS 7 in each or an equivalent score in TOEFL, PTE or OET.
To know more about the eligibility criteria or anything else, you can contact an expert education consultant.
As we have already mentioned, nursing is a future-proof profession. Meaning, as a nurse, you will have no problem in getting exciting job opportunities. Some of the fields you can find jobs in are:
- Aged care
- Neonatal care
- Community health
- Medical/Hospital facilities
Where to Seek Help from?
No matter whether you want information about Nursing Courses in Melbourne, IRON program, visa process, permanent residency, or accommodation, expert education and migration agents at AECC Global are there to serve you efficiently.
AECC Global is a renowned migration and education agency in Australia and other major parts of the world like India, Singapore, Nepal etc.
Created on Dec 14th 2017 01:06. Viewed 347 times.