How Does Anti Phishing Software Prevent Spear Phishing?by Kristen White Blogger Phishing has become a constant threat to businesses around the world. From start-up businesses to multi-national organizations, every enterprise is at risk of being targeted by attackers. Around $1.4 billion is lost to phishing attacks every year.
Traditional antivirus software is not providing total protection from phishing attacks. The reason is simple. Attackers are finding new ways to breach security systems and deceive employees. Traditional software is still using outdated methods to protect the email systems of many enterprises.
If you are looking for an anti phishing software [OS link text corrected. ][Adjusted your text to just include the keyword
], it is important to choose one that uses the latest and most advanced technology. Features like artificial intelligence ensure that the systems of an enterprise are well protected from all kinds of phishing attacks.
The latest anti phishing software is built and runs on a cloud platform, thereby becoming impenetrable to attackers. It blocks spam, malware, ransomware, and stops all phishing attacks. Employees are notified and alerted about suspicious emails using suspicious language[OS link text corrected].
- The software can be used with any email system including Exchange, Office 365, G Suite, and others.
- It can be seamlessly integrated with any existing email security systems.
- The software can be deployed throughout the enterprise within minutes. It will start providing protection immediately after integration into the system.
- The software will work on mobile devices and employees’ laptops. An unlimited number of devices can be connected and protected within an enterprise’s system.
- Enterprises can either deploy the anti phishing software in installments or all at once depending on their requirements.
- Employees are alerted about phishing emails by a banner that appears with each email.
- The banners are user-friendly and use simple text to explain the reason why an email is marked as spam, suspicious, malicious, or fraudulent.
- Employees can click on the banner to report the email and also learn more about the phishing attack.
- An interactive dashboard provides management with up-to-date information about the number of phishing attacks detected, blocked, and quarantined at any point in time.
- The anti phishing software will work on any device in any location. Employee emails are protected even when they are on-site or working remotely.
There are many types of phishing attacks, and spear phishing is one of the most common attacks. Virtually any person/ employee is at risk of being targeted by spear phishing.
Spear phishing prevention is a part of the protection provided by the latest anti phishing software. When an attacker impersonates a trusted person such as the CEO, a boss, colleague, vendor, or supplier they usually request sensitive information to make the attack. When an impersonator asks someone to send money, share confidential information, install dubious software, or make purchases on their behalf, it is known as spear phishing.
Advanced anti phishing software scans emails for hidden codes and viruses. It does not solely rely on examining URLs and sender addresses to detect fraudulent emails. The software uses computer vision to detect fake and empty logos and determines the location the email originates.
This is how the software can warn an employee about an email from an external source that claims to be from a colleague on the same internal network. Machine learning technology helps develop employee behavior patterns and detects emails that do not fit the pattern.
Next-gen anti phishing software uses state-of-the-art technology to detect and block phishing emails. This protection must extend to every employee and their mobile devices. Only then, can anti phishing protection be ensured for all employees and their employers.
Created on Sep 27th 2019 05:30. Viewed 310 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.