How Do You Keep Yourself Safe from the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?by kumar rahul Best Insurance Deals
As many as 75 districts in India have been put under lockdown to battle the COVID-19. More districts may be on the list to get locked down in the days to come. The ultimate thing is, we don't know what is going to happen.
Train services around the nation have been put under pause until 31st March 2020, for the first time in the history of India. All these factors are enough to state how serious this coronavirus situation is.
It's not only India that is only facing the wrath, but the entire world is also taking measures including lockdown and social distancing. With countries like China, Italy, Iran, the USA, Spain, France, South Korea, etc being the worst hit, the entire world is much perturbed.
So What Is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease that is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), most of the people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness. However, these people will recover without requiring special treatment, according to WHO.
Older people, on the other hand, including those with underlying medical problems such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and chronic respiratory disease are more likely to develop a serious illness due to COVID-19.
How Does COVID-19 Spread?
In such ugly circumstances, the best way to prevent and slow down the transmission of coronavirus is to be well informed about the COVID-19 virus itself, how it spreads and the disease it causes. Coronavirus disease spreads from one person to another mainly through contact with an infected person when they sneeze or cough. COVID-19 also spreads when you touch a surface or object that has the virus on it, then touch your nose, eyes, or mouth.
How to Protect Yourself and Others from the COVID-19?
In order to protect yourself from COVID-19, WHO has suggested the following preventive measures:
- Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands frequently
- Or, clean your hands by using an alcohol-based rub frequently
- Refrain from touching your face, eyes
- Avoid public gatherings
- Avoid close contact with people. Keep a distance of 1 meter or 6 feet with anyone who is sick or has symptoms.
- Practice social distancing.
- Cook meat, eggs, etc well.
- Keep a distance between yourself and others if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that you often touch on a daily basis.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away after using it.
More information Click Here
Created on Mar 24th 2020 05:30. Viewed 253 times.