How do you control Employee Leave?
by Anii Jain Human resource executive
Employee management consists of several crucial processes, Leave management being one of them. Employee leaves affect both performance and monthly salary hence, to ensure that both the processes run without any glitches, it is important to keep up with the following ways:
- Create a clear and uniform leaves policy applicable for the entire organization. HR teams should always create a comprehensive list of official holidays, week-offs, number of casual (CL) and earned leaves (EL) an employee can consumer every month. Ensure that the list of minimum days of leaves employees can avail is also made available to them.
- Take a record of the leave application for clarity, i.e. to have a written application or have it on as a document for future reference.
- Should have a minimum leave notice period i.e. set a number of days prior to which the application can be made.
- However, be considerate and open to leaves taken in emergency, because humans are prone to uncalled for situation at times. Empathy goes a long way in retaining resources
- Automation of Payroll or HRMS solution for better leave data management; this helps in gathering all the applications and related data under one head. SHRMproseamlessly automates, streamlines, integrates with other HRMS processes and simplifies leave management process for the organizations to be able to map performances, productivity, process payrolls and offer appraisals.
- Streamline the holidays/vacations leave application system to avoid any surprises related to acceptance or rejection of the leaves well within time.
- Keep the employees informed about their updated leaves balance sheet.
Created on Aug 5th 2019 06:47. Viewed 257 times.