How do the Best English Medium Schools in Kolkata Manage School Bus Services?by BHS Mukundapur Team Best CBSE School in Kolkata
Today, schools bear more responsibilities than what they used to do a decade ago. While the biggest concern of schools is to impart excellent education, the safety of students has grown in importance. Parents expect that the best English medium school in Kolkata build the personalities of students along with enhancing their metacognition.
Schools implement multiple methods for the security of students, for example, installation of security devices like CCTV cameras and attendance registration on biometric sensors are a few benefits of tech advancement which are keeping parents stress free.
Similarly, parents also prefer schools that take care of the transportation of students. They prioritise schools that provide them with safe commutation options like the facility of school buses.
In this article, we are going to discuss how the best schools in Kolkata control and manage bus services operated by reputed service providers.
- Manage Routes: Schools search for shortest routes from pick-up points to schools. Both time and fuel are saved in this way.
One must carefully manage routes so that buses don’t overlap on the same routes and don’t converge. This helps reduce traffic congestion and wastage of resources.
- Allocation of Bus Stations: Schools decide the bus stops after a careful recce of localities. Ideal bus stops should be near to the homes of students so they can easily reach there. The bus stops shouldn’t be located in places with heavy traffic. Along with this, bus stops shouldn’t be located in desolate places.
- Management of Timings: Not all vehicles are available in a particular route, at a particular time. Management of time is very important. Buses are allocated based on their availability.
Once buses are allocated for a route, their time should be managed in a way that enough buffer time is there for unforeseen events like breakdown, weather vagaries and traffic blocks.
- Rational Fee Structures: Schools bear the cost of running buses. Bus fares should be rationally decided. They can vary based on the distance of bus stops from schools and the routes traversed by buses.
Rest of other factors to be considered are the salary of staff, facility fee, maintenance cost and fuel cost.
- Route Allocation: Schools which prioritise the safety of students, never leave buses unattended by teaching staff. Apart from allocating routes of buses for picking-up and dropping-off students, schools also arrange for the drop-off and pick-up of teaching staff.
Till the last student is not safely dropped-off teachers don’t leave buses. This practice adds another layer of security to existing safety arrangements.
- Biometric Attendance System: Just like attendance registration systems in the classrooms, good schools arrange for attendance roll call systems in the school buses as well. Some of the school buses are installed with biometric sensors for attendance registration. Parents are notified on their mobile devices as soon as their children register in biometric sensors.
School bus services fall under the category of essential amenities. The schools that install the latest devices for the safe commutation of students win the trust of parents. Once students leave their homes for schools, the latter fulfils the responsibilities of students.
Created on Jan 30th 2020 03:32. Viewed 315 times.