How Do Best CBSE Schools in Kolkata Involve Students in Learning?by BHS Mukundapur Team Best CBSE School in Kolkata
Research works in pedagogy are bringing out some mind-blowing results. For example, it has been noticed that if teachers engage students in learning, they can enhance the attention span of students.
There are multiple benefits of student engagement with learning. Some of the best CBSE schools in Kolkata have introduced new methods to help everyone achieve the objectives of learning. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss them in brief details.
Methods Implemented by Schools to Involve Students
1. Add fun to mathematics: Not everyone is fond of mathematics. Many dread it. Some schools are determined to bring a change. Have you heard of laboratories for mathematics? You will find them in the top schools of cities like Kolkata.
One of the schools has even used the pieces of furniture as the prop for adding a fun element to learning. Furniture pieces have mathematical formulae engraved on them.
2. Celebrate special days: Schools are celebrating special days like Pi day to commemorate the path-breaking inventions, which changed the course of knowledge, significantly. Some schools organise pie-eating contests and games related to circles.
3. Encourage paired reading: Friends and families are the biggest teachers of children. Schools encourage parents to introduce the culture of reading in homes. In this digital era, mobile devices have replaced many things like books, calculators etc.
Families that read together, bond wonderfully. Teachers love to see students who are fond of reading out-of-syllabus books. When children see their parents read in their free time, they get the inspiration to explore the world of books.
4. Introduce after-school programmes: Some schools have designed after-school programmes with the idea of intentional learning. Schools already run such programmes for students preparing to appear for their board exams. Now, they have introduced after-school programmes for students of every standard.
For example, teachers prepare guiding questions for students. The questions are discussed in after-school sessions.
5. Expand involvement of families: Schools are architects of humans with best attributes. Humans with sharp intelligence and sensitive emotion are precious assets of our society.
Schools are introducing innovative methods to build humans who can use knowledge to the benefit of society. For example, studies have proved that when families are involved to accompany children to community services, the latter learn about leadership and responsibility.
6. Support best behaviour: Since thousands of years, we have stories with moral. The success of such stories depends on how readers apply morals in their life. The best schools introduce reading sessions in classrooms to discuss stories with moral. Teachers keep a close watch on how students behave in classrooms. Those who apply moral of stories in real-life are appreciated in public.
7. Develop skills of leadership: Educationists are introducing new ways to impart knowledge to students. Textbooks are no more mere collections of lessons. For example, NCERT books followed by schools affiliated to CBSE, include task-based projects at the end of every chapter.
The best schools of Kolkata appoint teachers who are trained in engaging students in task-based assignments. Teachers distribute students into groups where they learn about leadership skills.
Created on Nov 15th 2019 03:57. Viewed 442 times.