How Can Teachers Decide If They’re Teaching in the Best School in Kolkata?by BHS Mukundapur Team Best CBSE School in Kolkata
Many articles have been written about the qualities of top schools in a city. Most of them were written in the perspective of students and parents. Few have dealt with the fact that the attributes of a school are equally important for the teachers who’re working there. In this article, we’re going to discuss the qualities of best schools in Kolkata which influence the lives of teachers and help them to impart knowledge in the best way possible.
1. The attitude of school management: When a teacher goes through interview processes, he/she has the first-hand experience of how the management of the school thinks and performs. The things to look for are openness of thoughts, out-of-the-box ideas, student-centric approach, yearly training opportunities, etc.
No educational institute can grow without the qualitative growth of its faculty. It also boosts the career of teachers.
2. The attitude of office staff: Some schools hold parents-teachers meetings to discuss the overall performance reports of children. Friendly, ready to help and efficient office staff are dedicated towards the personal growth of every individual student.
3. A healthy balance of new and old teachers: Young teachers want to introduce new ideas in classrooms as they’re naturally more aware of the latest methods of pedagogy. However, only years of experience can teach how to manage and control a classroom and inspire students to perform their tasks with enthusiasm.
A healthy mix of young and veteran teachers can always offer a wonderful learning ambience to newly joined teachers.
4. Student-centred approach: The top management of a school must create a system of core values on the basis of its mission and vision. The ultimate aim of core values is to help students attain perfection in studies and extracurricular activities. It is also the responsibility of the management to see that teachers, students and parents, all are following the core values of the school.
5. Formal/ informal training: In India, most of the teachers join schools after successfully completing teachers’ training courses. However, every school has a unique work culture. In order to introduce the values of schools to newly appointed teachers, the schools must arrange for formal/ informal training sessions.
6. Steps taken to minimise departmental politics: Almost all the departments of a school deal with internal politics. For example, there may be some departments like Mathematics where teachers want to wield power and pull in more resources for their classes. In another scenario, in some schools, teachers face fierce competition to reserve a berth in education conferences.
However, top schools don’t allow such type of behaviours to jeopardise the ultimate aim, the aim to impart best quality education to students. The management collaborates with different departments to keep politics at bay and work to bring excellence in students.
7. Parental involvement: Some of the best CBSE schools in Kolkata support the active involvement of parents. Such schools become more effective over time. Parents should be involved in both positive and negative situations. It is for the benefit of their children.
Created on Jul 4th 2019 06:40. Viewed 179 times.