How Advanced Mitral Valve Repair Surgery India Is Going To Change Heart Failure Patients Lifeby Rachel Smith India Cardiac Surgery Site Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
The mitral valve is located on the left side of the heart, between the left atrium and left ventricle and is also known as bicuspid valve. The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from Pulmonary veins communicates with left ventricle through atrio-ventricle valve known as Mitral or bicuspid valve.
When the left atrium have bee filled with blood, the mitral valve opens to allow oxygen-rich blood to flow to the left ventricle. Once blood flows to the left ventricle, the mitral valve closes to prevent blood from flowing back into the left atrium, i.e. blood regurgitation.
The conditions that affect the functioning of Mitral Valve include:
- Mitral valve Prolapse
- Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
The defects of the mitral valve have corrected through repair or replacement.
Mitral valve repair has done to:
- Patch holes in a valve
- Reconnect valve flaps, i.e. Leaflets through Quadrangle Resection of Leaflet
- Separate fused Leaflets through Commissurotomy
- Replace the cords that support the valve
- Remove excess valve tissue so that leaflets can close tightly
- Reinforce or tighten Annulus ring of Mitral valve through Ring Annuloplasty
- Mitral Valve Repair for Endocarditis
- Mitral Calcification
Mitral Valve Repair Surgery in India is done both through:
- Traditional surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
With the advancement in surgical procedures, nowadays Robotic Mitral Valve repair in India is also available and performed with perfection.
What are the symptoms of Mitral Valve Repair?
The patients, in whom heart valve is damaged or diseased and need repair, the following symptoms can appear:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Fainting sensation
- Edema, i.e. swelling in the feet, ankles or abdomen
- Rapid weight gain due to fluid retention
Usually, symptoms of Mitral valve disorders vary depending on the severity of the disease.
Risks of Mitral Valve repair surgery
Possible risks of heart valve repair surgery include:
- Blood loss during or after surgery
- Blood clots that may cause a heart attack or stroke
- Arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms)
- Infections in the lungs, kidneys, bladder, chest, or heart valves
- Breathing problems
- Kidney Failure
- The repaired valve may not work correctly
- Poor healing of the incision
Benefits of Mitral Valve repair surgery
Mitral valve repair is the best option for nearly all patients with a Regurgant or leaking mitral valve and a Stenotic or narrowed mitral valve.
Mitral valve repair provides:
- Better long-term survival
- Better preservation of heart function
- Lower risk of complications
- Reduces or eliminates the need for long-term use of anticoagulants, i.e. blood thinners
- Preserved heart muscle strength
Cost of Mitral Valve repair surgery
Cost of Mitral Valve repair in India depends upon:
- Reputation and expertise of cardiac Surgeon
- Type of Hospital
- Type of Surgery
- Surgical procedure
- Room Category
- Number of days stayed in the hospital
Despite the most efficient surgery, cost of mitral valve repair in India is much less than in developed countries and easily affordable.
Top surgeons for Mitral Valve repair surgery in India
Top surgeons for heart valve repair surgery in India are:
- Naresh Trehan
- Manish Bansal
- K. K. Kapoor
- K M Mandana
- Anoop Ganjoo
- Ajay Kaul
- Sanjeev Gera
- Gaurav Gupta
- Neeraj Bhalla
- Ashok Seth
Why choose us?
India Cardiac Surgery Site should be chosen for mitral valve surgery in India as we are leading medical service providers in India. We are linked up and associated with most leading and highly qualified doctors and world-class hospitals in India.
We also help arrange medical tourism visa, book appointments with doctors and hospitals for international patients. We always strive to provide low cost yet world-class treatment in India to all our Indian and International clients.
Get Free Consultation For Mitral Valve Repair Surgery In India At Affordable Cost And Send Your Medical Reports Through
Email Us :- email@example.com
Visit :- www.indiacardiacsurgerysite.com
Contact Us :- +91-9370586696
Created on Nov 20th 2019 06:15. Viewed 369 times.