Home healthcare – Best alternative to Nursing Care Facilities for Seniorsby Health Now Health Care Services
Home health care is a wide term used to define different kinds of in-home health care and general assistance services for those people who are having the injury and suffering from illness or those who have entered into the aging process.
Specifically for senior citizens, home health Marin County services are the substitute to reside in nursing care facilities and going through uneasiness due to isolation and unaware surroundings. In contrast to this, senior citizens choosing to stay and age graciously at home are able to recover in a soothing, reassuring and encouraging environment that is comfortable as well as aware of them.
Home healthcare services always provide assistance to seniors in their home and those going through the aging process can ensure that their overall comfort and safety will be taken care in a professional and responsible way that enables seniors to enjoy their independence while getting the necessary supportive care.
Benefits of receiving home healthcare services
- Provides ability to people to schedule visits in their own home facility with highly trained professionals who administer therapies and use high-tech medical equipment
- Offers home healthcare assistance with senior-related training and resources to fulfill the requirements of their different clients in a professional way
- Comparatively more reasonable than skilled nursing facilities or hospital-setting impatient care
- Assist post-surgery patients who stay at home instead of rehabilitation setting with physical and occupational therapy
- Provides break to the family caretakers from their responsibilities of care and assistance
- Can provide help with specialized alterations to your home environment for making your living area more comfortable, safer, and more accessible
- Promotes healing, health, and overall happiness
- Offers peace of mind to both the families and patient
- Can provide a large number of specialized help with ADLs, also called as activities of daily living
- Removes the need for staying in the hospital by providing world-class hospital-level care at in-home setting
Let’s see the examples of home healthcare services and kinds of assistance
- Helps in maintaining a comfortable living atmosphere for seniors that is healthy, safe, and pleasant
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Pain management
- Infusion (intravenous-style) therapy
- Dietary and nutrition management, counseling, planning, and education
- Psychiatric care
- Monitor heart rate, the rate of breathing, blood pressure, and temperature
- Offers healthy social interaction and companionship by engaging in games, watching movies, reading, meal-time, walks, etc.
- Monitoring serious illness, chronic conditions, and unstable health issues such as COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), pneumonia, and diabetes
Created on Jan 22nd 2019 02:12. Viewed 407 times.