Getting to know the benefits of contact lenses before switching to themby Steven Jones Owner
Since the advent of contact lenses, they have really been a boon for people with vision disabilities as well as for fashion conscious people. They became popular as early as 1970’s and since then have caught the eyes of medical professionals and people in the fashion industry. Now, there are different types of contact lenses for both prescription and cosmetic purposes. The lenses are available in various different designs and styles. Before using contact lenses, you must be aware that contact lenses are a prescribed medical device, which is usually placed on the cornea of the eye and used either for cosmetic or therapeutic purposes.
If you have been already using the contact lenses, then you must be definitely aware of the benefits of contact lenses. But if you aren’t using them and are considering switching over them from the eye spectacles, then these benefits would really help.
· There are myriad of benefits of contact lenses. Contact lenses perform the same corrective functions as the conventional eye glasses do.
· Contact lenses are invisible unless they are colored and virtually weightless. They are easier to put and take out from the eyes and are more comfortable than the traditional spectacles.
· Like the glasses, there are no frames to obstruct your vision and thus they reduce distortions to a considerable point. Sometimes your vision is obstructed as the lenses of your glass get blurred by moisture, rain or dirt; you will find no such faults with your contact lenses.
· Contact lenses also do not get affected by the weather. They do not get blurred by rain, dirt or moisture but the eye glasses on the other hand, get fog up due to all these weather conditions.
· For all those who lead an active lifestyle, contact lenses are best for them. The conventional eye glasses can distort your vision and can come in your way of your active lifestyle. For people engaged in sports activities, driving, swimming, or aesthetics, contact lenses work best for them. Lenses provide distortion free and clear vision with your eye movements and also don’t have any side effects to the eyes.
· Most of the people especially women consider eye glasses not so appealing. They are like a hindrance in the natural beauty for their face. On the other hand, the contact lenses are invisible and do not hide your eyes. They are comfortable and do not affect the way you look. In fact, the colored contact lenses can enhance your appearance.
· These days, contact lenses also come with built in UV protection. They are a great option if you want to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays.
Apart from the benefits you must also be aware of the types of contact lenses. Nowadays, most of the contact lenses are made from plastic. Primarily, there are two types of contact lenses; soft contact lenses and rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses.
Soft contact lenses
These types of contact lenses are extremely comfortable as they contain water content from 25% to 79%. They easily get fit to the eyes and this is the reason most of the contact lens users prefer them over any other contact lenses. From the first use itself, the wearer can get use to them as they are quite comfortable. With a soft contact lens in your eyes, you will barely feel that there is something put externally in the eyes. You need to be more careful in handling them and also get them replaced more frequently.
Rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses
They contact lenses have high water content. They may be little uncomfortable in the starting and might take some to adjust to your eyes. These lenses provide sharper vision as the have greater resistance towards deposit buildup. They are built to last long which makes them costlier too. You do not need to replace them frequently and hence they give a better value for your money.
You can buy your pair of contact lenses from a reputed online retailer like sclera-lenses. They deal in all types of contact lenses such as sclera lenses, colored contact lenses, crazy and Halloween lenses, prescription contact lenses and various other lens accessories. They also provide branded lenses such as contact lenses Air Optix, contact lenses Acuvue among others. All their lenses bear a CE marking and are ISO certified. The range of lenses they offer is constantly growing as they strive to provide you with the widest range possible to choose from.
Created on Jun 23rd 2020 02:23. Viewed 168 times.