Get ready to move overseas in just 9 simple stepsby Ram Sewak Transportation
Whether you are moving planning to relocate overseas to study or set up a new business, the process can be entirely manageable with Agarwal packers and movers.
It’s finally happening, after weeks, months, or years of dedication and hard work, you have been offered your dream job, an opportunity to live abroad and experience a new life.
Have you shared such big news with your loved ones yet? If not then go and let your well-wishers know. Well, don’t forget what you have to do next, pack up all your things and move across the world, the transportation- the planning- can be complicated and stressful.
But if you start planning early, you will definitely find the whole process manageable. To help you out, I have rounded up nine simple steps that every person who is moving abroad must read before they leave for their dream destination.
1. Save and only save as much as money you can- An international move can be very expensive and you need a lot of money for sure. Therefore, consider how much money it costs to move across the country. Now think how much it will take to get you to the other side of the globe. Major expenses include the visa application, air tickets, international movements, housing, and of course emergencies.
The basic time since when you must start saving is ‘six months’ and that should be a minimum period to save while moving abroad. Start searching the exchange rate and cost of living in your new home, and come up with a monthly budget moving plan. Be ready by reducing your extra expenses such as:
• Say no to vacations for a few months.
• Say no to expensive shopping
• Say no to luxury hotel stays etc.
Save as much as you can as it will only help you to adapt to a better lifestyle in the new country you are moving in.
2. Renew your passport- Before you can apply for a visa, you must have a valid passport as it is the only major requirement to move internationally. Different countries have different requirements, for example, some of them want you to have a passport that is valid for six months beyond your final traveling date, etc. If you do not have decided a return date and your passport gets expired while you are in that particular country, you have to get it renewed from the concerned embassy.
3. Apply for a visa- First check your new country’s government website to check what supporting documents you will need to send your visa application, which will vary depending upon your type of visa. For instance, if you are applying for a student visa in the UK, you will need to provide a copy of a letter from the university and proof that you have enough money to support during your course of studies. You may also need to set up an appointment with the concerned authority to submit your biometrics too.
4. Search professionals- Local moves could be easily managed without expert help but the same does not apply when you are relocating internationally. There are numerous tasks, formalities, and paperwork attached to n international move. And to make sure everything goes well, you need to search and appoint trusted and experienced movers and packers.
Once you start searching moving companies, you will get along with companies assuring a safe international shipment but think before you rely on a random company.
Certain ways can help you to choose the right relocation partners:
• Seek references from the people at your workplace or talk to someone who has some kind of experience of moving abroad.
• Search for the companies online and check their reputation in the market.
• Check credentials and licensing documents as proof before booking.
• Read the reviews and ratings shared by the former customers on various review portals available online. Make sure to check the section international move only.
• Shortlist a few companies and visit them, at their offices. Speak to the managers, examine the services offered, ask the relevant questions to clear all your doubts.
• After deep and thorough research, finalize one which has a good past record and enough knowledge about executing an international move.
• Know the number of moves that they have done yet along with the help in paperwork and other stuff.
5. Talk to a health care specialist- Before living in your country, visit your doctor and get a routine checkup done. If you have any problem, take proper medication and collect your medical certificates along with the prescriptions. Seek references from your present doctor maybe he knows a physician in the country you are moving to.
6. Know about the rules and regulations- Get all the relevant information about your destination country. Take online help, talk to the people who may be residing there. Getting the knowledge in advance will help you to follow the rules and regulations framed in that particular country once you finally move and settle there.
7. Study culture- Every country has its own values and culture. And when you are ready to be a part of that particular place, you must be aware of the culture followed there. Know about it in detail so that you won’t face issues later.
8. Learn the basic language- Of course, the language spoken will be different and once you reach there you surely have to communicate with people there. it will be really embarrassing when you could respond to them or make them understand what you want to say exactly. Therefore, it is better to learn at least the basics of the language spoken there. You can easily find the language crash courses here and learn at least the basics easily.
9. Contact the bank and maintain documents- Make sure to visit the bank and get the changes and formalities done as per your needs. Also, get copies of your documents along with the originals; you might need them anywhere possible.
Reconfirm your moving date with Agarwal packers and read these 9 simple steps to apply in your upcoming overseas move.
Created on Oct 30th 2020 00:27. Viewed 133 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.