Fixed: “OneDrive Has Not Been Provisioned for This User”
by Devin Smith seo
OneDrive is one of the most popular file hosting services developed by Microsoft Corporation, and it is closely related to Office 365 applications suite. It is known as a trusted cloud storage service for the Office 365 users to conserve their files on the cloud storage, and this allows the users to access data from anywhere. However, some users are facing issues with the OneDrive service, and they see an error message saying OneDrive is not provisioned for this user.
It looks like when you create the OneDrive admin account, it is provisioned, but the application of permissions fails due to some reasons. In this case, the admin should grant the permissions for Creating a Personal Site manually needed for OneDrive.
In this article, we are going to Fix the OneDrive Has Not Been Provisioned for This User error.
Easy Way to Solve OneDrive Provisioning for a User Error
Have in mind that you should be the Office 365 admin in order to make changes to the OneDrive settings.
Firstly ensure that you got the SharePoint Online license for the user facing an error message in your Office 365 admin account. If you don’t have the SharePoint Online license for that user, then you can do the by using these instructions:
- Head to Office 365 admin portal.
- Now go to the Users section.
- After that, go to Active Users.
- Select the affected user’s name and ensure that its box is ticked.
- In the Product Licenses section and press the Edit button.
When the process is done, next, you have to provide the right to create a My Sites site to the user affected by the OneDrive is not provisioned for this user error message. You can do this by using the SharePoint Admin Center and see the below guidance to give him the necessary right:
- Open the SharePoint Admin Center online portal on a web browser.
- Head to the User Profiles link.
- Click on the People section.
- Press on the Manage User Permission option.
- Now you will need to add that user who is affected by the error. This will grant him permission needed to create the site on My Site.
- This option is selected as Everyone except external users by the default options.
- Now add the users, user, or group.
- After that, you will have to Select the already added user, users, and group.
- Scroll downwards and look for the Permissions section.
- Once you find it, make sure to select the box located in the front of the Create Personal Site option.
- Hit the OK button.
- Now tell the affected user to open the OneDrive page to make the site.
Once you give the permissions to the user facing issues, then he can visit the Office 365 portal and navigate to the OneDrive from the App Launcher. You might have to check whether the user is able to access OneDrive regarding business.
If the user notices the OneDrive icon stuck with the Settings Up message in the App Launcher, then you can wait for a day or more. After waiting for 24 hours, you can retry to open the OneDrive.
If you are still encountering the same issue, then it can be a technical glitch, and all you have to do is contact the Microsoft Support regarding the matter.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Nov 21st 2019 22:57. Viewed 94 times.