Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073 (Unable to Open Company File)by Adelina Martin Bookkeeping & Accounting Solution For Small Busine
QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001 error is usually seen with an error message stating “QuickBooks is unable to ope It may have been opened by another user..” Well, if the user is unable to open the company file, then the QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 is most probable to occur. This error basically indicates that some other user is also opening or already opened the same company file using the single user mode. In today’s post, we will be talking about the factors triggering this error and also the process to be followed in order to get rid of this issue.
Thus, if you are interested in fixing the issue on your own, then make sure to read this post ahead. Or you can also ring up to us at 1-800-761-1787, and our team will ensure toinstantly for you.
What causes this QuickBooks company file error 6073?
The QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001 can be seen due to the below mentioned factors:
· In case the file is opened in another PC in
· Or if the file is stored in a read-only network folder
· Another factor can be if the files are stored in unix or linux computer and the users are trying to sign in to the folders using multiple credentials
· The user can also face this issue if the company file is being accessed by remote operating system and the host system finds that the system is still logged in
What to do to fix QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001?
The user can check if the network data files and transaction log files are labelled as hidden, in order to fix the QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
· At first, the user needs to move to and open My computer and then navigate to the tools menu and also click on the folder options
· Once done with that, move to the view tab and then opt for show hidden files and folders
· Now, the user should open data folder, so as to check network data files and transaction log files
· Also, choose properties by right clicking on the network data files
· And lastly, delete the hidden option and click on ok tab
QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001 can be very much time consuming for the user to handle. However, the above stated steps might ease the process up to certain extent.
In case the error doesn’t get resolved even carrying out these steps, then in that case feel free to speak to ourteam of accounting professionals. You can make a call at 1-800-761-1787, and our team will ensure to answer all your queries immediately.
Created on Jan 29th 2021 05:50. Viewed 331 times.