Fix McAfee DAT Version Error In Quick And Simple Stepsby 1800customer Servicesnumber Business services
Cyber-crime is very common and it is inadvisable to run a system online without having an antivirus software already running on it. McAfee is an antivirus software protection program designed and developed to make the devices safe and secure from potential cyber threats. A user can get access to the software by visiting www.mcafee.com/activate at any time. The anti-virus software works efficiently in giving protection from malware and ransomware. It is highly popular among the users for its greater strength and reliability. While often the installation is easy and simple sometimes DAT version error occurs in installing the anti-virus software. In such a scenario the user can take help from customer support of Mcafee Antivirus.
Resolve McAfee DAT version error in simple steps
THE DAT VERSION ERROR IS A NUISANCE TO THE USER AND CAN BE SOLVED BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS:
- Create a temporary folder in the C-drive of the system.
- Download DAT files from the system.
- Go to the page of downloads.
- Select Security Updates.
- Go to Security.
- Download ZIP files of the latest version.
- Now go the Start icon and click on it.
- Select Programs.
- Select McAfee.
- Select the virus scan console.
- Click twice on the Activate Protection.
- Close Virus scan window.
- Now again go the Start icon and click on it.
- Type services.msc in the given space.
- Press on the Enter key.
- Click right on the McAfee software and then click Stop.
- Use a third-party tool and download the zip file.
- Copy the DAT file by right-clicking on it.
- Go to the C-drive of the system.
- Go to Program Files.
- Go to Common files.
- Go to McAfee.
- Go to Engine.
- Paste the copied files here.
- Remove the old files.
- Go to the search box.
- Type services.msc.
- Select McAfee McShield and McAfee Framework.
- Start the services by right-clicking on it.
- Once the process is complete then close the editor.
- Click on the Start icon.
- Select McAfee.
- Click on VirusScan Console.
- Click twice on the Activation Program.
The issue of McAfee DAT version error will get resolved now. However, if the problem persists then connect with customer support of mcafee.com/activate to resolve the issue.
James Hopes is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games, internet and new media. He writes for mcafee.com/activate, www.mcafee.com/activate
Created on Feb 3rd 2020 04:50. Viewed 199 times.