Feeling Nervous About Your First Urologist Visit? Here Are the Things to Expectby Akash Sharma Akash Sharma
A lot of men feel a little anxious about their first urologist visit. Urologists are physicians who are involved in treating the medical conditions of the genitourinary tract. Genitourinary tract includes kidneys, adrenal glands, urethra, and male reproductive organs. In other words, doctors who specialize in treating the conditions of the male reproductive system along with urinary tract are urologists.
Men suffer from a number of genitourinary tract issues which need treatment. To get the best treatment possible, it’s imperative to pay the urologist a visit. However, it’s not always easy for the patients to talk about their medical issues to their urologists. Whether you are looking forward to consulting urologist in Hyderabad or Delhi, you must read our brief guide on what to expect on your first urologist visit. Have a look:
- Firstly, your urologist will make you feel comfortable and start with the proceedings thereafter. He will ask you for your urine specimen, so it’s in your best interest to not go to him with an empty bladder.
- The next step would require you to fill up a questionnaire which contains various questions and can help your urologist to detect the severity of your ailment. Here, you will be asked to rate the symptoms of urological conditions you might be suffering from, be it related to your lower urinary tract symptoms or sexual health.
- Thirdly, you will be taken to an examination room where your medical history will be confirmed. This medical examination will stress upon your genitourinary system. However, it also involves a full-body check-up because many times other health issues might point out an underlying urological condition. Moreover, it is important to provide your urologist with all the information regarding the medication/ drugs you take.
- Once you are done with all sorts of physical examinations, your urologist will come up with the best plan to treat your urological condition. This plan will be followed during the entire course of your treatment.
- Additionally, your urologist will suggest you to take cystoscopy which is an invasive procedure and is used to observe the bladder along with the urethra.
For the best urology treatment in India, it is important to know about the best healthcare centres which provide this treatment. For that, you can conduct a thorough online research yourself.
Created on Jul 17th 2019 01:08. Viewed 39 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.