Facebook launch shops for small businesses to go online: Boon or Baneby Rahul Singh Make My Business Online
Have you heard about “Social Shopping”? Of course, shopping can be a social event; but, that’s not what I’m talking about. I am talking about shopping through a social media platform. Facebook’s recent announcement about launching “shops” on both Facebook & Instagram is making that possible. What about Instagram shops, though? Don’t official brand pages do the same thing on Facebook and Instagram?
In this blog, we’ll answer the 3 primary questions about Facebook’s “shops” first.
- What-What will happen on Facebook’s “shops?”
- Who-Who will benefit the most?
- How-How can people set it up?
So, here goes:
What will happen on Facebook’s “shops?”
“Shops” will be an all-inclusive digital storefront for brands, especially small businesses. Yes, you can SELL your products directly through “shops.” You don’t need to re-direct your potential customers to a website; no need to miss out on customers because of the time lost in transitioning from the Facebook page and your website, and increased conversion because of the increased traffic of social media platform.
Who will benefit the most?
Two words-Small Businesses
- Newbie online retailers
- E-commerce newcomers
- Sellers with limited/niche products
- Established Instagram retailers
- E-retailers with a lot of traffic on their social media pages
How can people set it up?
According to Facebook’s spokespeople, in the beginning, Facebook will send out emails to eligible brands. The email will contain an invitation to customize their online Facebook shop by choosing the color, layout, categorization, & brand specialty. The brand needs to follow the steps to set up shop.
Pros and Cons of Facebook “shops”
This seems like a great opportunity for small businesses to reach more people, to stabilize & rebuild their companies after they have suffered the brunt of the pandemic. Facebook connects. Previously it connected people, now it is trying to connect people to brands. But is there a downside to it all? Yes. So, let us talk about the good and the bad.
- Setting up “shops” is going to be FREE
- Small businesses can reach a wider audience
- It will be easier to connect with your customer
- Buyers can connect with sellers directly with WhatsApp, Instagram DM, and Messenger
- People can shop through videos, posts, and stories
- Instagram checkouts will be available and will increase conversion rates as less people will be impacted by the transition between social media and the bran’s website
- Soon Facebook will also help users connect loyalty programs
- Facebook Shop will be free but Instagram shop’s fee is not yet decided. However, Instagram has a lot more engagement
- Lower website traffic & lesser conversion on an e-commerce website. However, this can be remedied if you hire a digital marketing agency of repute like MMBO, a creative digital marketing agency in Delhi NCR
- Brand value will not increase because people who buy on such platforms are fleeting customers
- You cannot optimize your customers’ experience
Here’s the postscript
This chance, this decision can be the one factor defining your brand, your business. To put your best foot forward, you should enquire better, understand better, and hire an experienced digital marketing agency like MMBO, known as one of the best social media marketing agencies in Delhi NCR and a premier digital marketing company in Delhi. It’s time to make your small businesses great.
Created on Jun 16th 2020 01:53. Viewed 98 times.