Excursion holidays in Greeceby Jack Johnson Designer
The resorts of Greece, where it is better to relax and make radial excursions, are large cities: Thessaloniki, Athens, Petra, Larissa.
- Halkidiki Peninsula and Peloponnese.
- The island of Rhodes attracts with long clean beaches, nature and entertainment.
- Zakynthos - incredible views, beaches, small coves and grottoes.
Visited attractions (protected by UNESCO):
- Mount Olympus, Temple of Zeus near Thessaloniki
- Acropolis and Parthenon in Athens
- Meteora monasteries
- Ruins of the ancient city and the temple of Delphi
- Mycenae and ancient Corinth
- The palace of Knossos and the labyrinth of the Minotaur in Crete
- Monastery on Mount Athos. Important! The visit is possible for men only, upon prior request.
There are always good beaches near attractions, and hotels or apartments can be booked in advance for one or several days in case you are planning an independent trip.
Resorts for retirees
The south of Greece is ideal for retirees. It is in the south that the main health resorts of the country are located. It is best to rest from April to October inclusive, with the exception of the hottest and noisiest months: July and August.
Mineral resort Loutraki. Wellness in thermal springs and radon baths can be combined with a beach holiday in Greece. The resort is located 80 km from Athens, where you can go with an excursion program or use it as an arrival / departure airport. Mineral springs come to the surface along the coast of the resort in a strip of 750 meters. Water can be drunk directly from springs or taken in a bath. Wellness centers with a range of various services are located in Loutraki.
- Evia Island. Thermal resort Kamena Vourla. Ancient thermal springs and baths on the shores of the Gulf of Euboe. A quiet town that attracts SPA tourists primarily in Greece itself. Athens is 175 km away.
- Vouliagmeni resort on the Athenian Riviera, suitable for the treatment and recovery of the whole family. At the same time, it is a beach and SPA resort around the thermal lake Vouliagmeni. A place with the purest mountain air saturated with the smell of pine and eucalyptus. The lake is inhabited by "peeling" fish Garras Rufa.
- Thessaloniki (accommodation in Thessaloniki).
- Crete Island (Rethymno).
Where to relax in Greece inexpensively?
In Greece, prices are quite democratic by European standards. Places where you can relax in Greece inexpensively can be found in resorts that are considered expensive. Also you can to use car rental Greece. So the island of Rhodes belongs to the expensive resorts, but even there you can buy an inexpensive package tour with accommodation in apartments, a swimming pool and close to the beach. A 7-night trip to the island with a flight from Moscow will cost from 21 thousand rubles. This package includes a transfer to / from the airport and is designed for two people.
The resort of Paralia Katerini. Located on the Halkidiki peninsula near Thessaloniki. It is easy to get there, a large selection of hotels and apartments, beautiful sandy beaches, not crowded.
Kos island. Homeland of Hippocrates. Various beaches; from secluded coves, to kilometer-long white beaches and surfer beaches. Good infrastructure, thermal springs, varied housing.
Greece has a subtropical climate. You can rest all year round, there is no snow on the islands, it is warm enough. For budget travelers, there are seasons that are no worse than the main ones, but tours are much cheaper. In winter, the average is + 13 ° С, on many islands there are thermal springs. Comfortable for family holidays in May, June and September. You can swim in April, the water at this time warms up to + 19 ° C and until mid-October.
Where to relax in Greece in July and August? At the end of June, the air warms up to + 35 ° С, at this time we advise you to plan a vacation in the north of Greece - the island of Corfu. It is less hot on the coast due to the sea breeze. It almost never rains in summer, the rainy season starts in November.
Created on Aug 28th 2021 11:30. Viewed 224 times.