Everything you want to know about Quickbooks!by John Smith Technician
What is Quickbooks?
Quickbooks is a trusted accounting software package designed particularly for small and medium-sized businesses developed by the renowned company Intuit in 1983. It includes a number of products, on-premises applications and cloud based versions, which lets you manage and pay bills, accepts payments and do a lot of payroll functions.
The software is currently being used in Canadian, British and Australian market. Its different versions support the unique tax calculations needs of each region; and can be installed on Windows and Linux PCs. The Mac (OSX) version is presently available only in the United States. The software automatically updates itself with the change in taxes or rules.
Basic system specifications needed to run Quickbooks include 1GB of disk space, 512 MB RAM (multiple users)/256 MB RAM (single user) and 1.8 GHz processor. These specifications may vary depending upon the Quickbooks version you install. Except this, you need a high-speed internet connection and IE 6.0 or higher version.
What are the features of Quickbooks?
Intuit, the popular financial and business software company has put together a number of features in Quickbooks in order to make all your accountings tasks smoother. These features are:
1. Remote payroll assistance and outsourcing
2. Remote access capabilities
3. Online banking and reconciliation
4. Marketing options through Google
5. Mapping features through integration with Google Maps
6. Great email functionality via Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express
7. Pre-authorization of e-funds
8. Employee time tracking process
Why you should use Quickbooks?
Quickbooks is top accounting software with millions of users from small to medium-sized businesses. Below mentioned are the reasons why should you use it:
· You can do most of the bookkeeping tasks without any hassle and without being involved in paperwork, which will ultimately make it easier to run your business
· It is quite easy to generate reports with Quickbooks
· The popular accounting software helps the users design a business plan in case of securing a small business loan or deciding about your business’s future. With Quickbooks, you can easily create a balance sheet, cash flow statements in U.S. Small Business Administration format, profit and loss statement, and much more
· Due to flexibility, adaptability and its recently added feature customized accounting, you can customize the Quickbooks the way you want
· Getting this software doesn’t pinch your pocket
· It helps you save the typing time and errors by letting you share the data between Quickbooks and other business applications
· You can easily share the data with MS Excel, Outlook, Word and more
· Paying bills and making online transactions is not a hassle anymore
· Using QuickBooks Merchant Account Service, you can accept the credit cards
· The software automatically tracks inventory available as well as per cost item cost to make it easy to calculate your business profits
· You can easily access income, invoices, expanses and other business essentials just by logging in to your Quickbooks account
Created on Sep 12th 2017 03:02. Viewed 660 times.