Everything to Know About Earth Pit Testingby Devendra Kumar Article
When it comes to the earth pit test, there is plenty that you should know, including what this is and what it can do. You also want to know the most common methods that are used and so much more. Here is everything that you would ever need or want to know about checking out the ground in the area that you are building on.
Why Earth Pit testing is needed?
The experts can help you with all of your required earth pit test services in Dubai, and this is where the electrical systems in the ground would be checked out. This is done when there are going to be some sort of electrodes that are going to be installed into the ground. It would be done when it is initially installed and then at regular periods afterward to make sure that the resistance to ground isn’t increasing as time goes on.
This is something that all facilities require since it would make sure that if any lightning strikes that there is a way that the ground can absorb it. If the ground can easily absorb the electrical shock, then it won’t have a major effect on anything else, including the equipment in the facility. These checks should be regularly to ensure that everything is running properly and to let you know if something needs to be fixed.
The earth pit test services in UAE experts will use one of the most common methods that are around, and there are 5 options, such as:
1. Soil resistivity - This method uses 4 poles that would be able to measure the resistance that is in the soil at various depths all over.
2. Fall of potential – If you are looking for a method that is much more accurate, then this method is the way to go. It requires at least 3 poles that are connected using leads to get the necessary data.
3. Dead Earth - This method uses the water pipe system and 4 terminals that can make the checking extremely easy and quick.
4. Clamp On - If you are dealing with a larger area for testing, then this is the method that you want to go for, but you would need to disconnect the electrodes, and it can be a time-consuming process.
5. Selective measurement – This is also close to the fall of the potential method, and it gives the same data, but this one is going to be much easier and safer since the electrode can remain active.
These are just a few of the main methods that are using when it comes to checking the electrodes and getting the required information.
The experts are always going to be around to help you with any checking that is required, so go ahead and find the right earth ground testing services in UAE for your needs. You would need to make sure that you know why this needs to be done and when it should be done. Not only that, but you should know some of the most common methods that might be used by the experts.
Created on Dec 3rd 2019 04:07. Viewed 205 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.