Everything That You Need To Know About Magento For Ecommerce Sitesby Brittany W. Content Writer
With time, more people have become comfortable with buying products and services online than before. This has created a boom in the e-commerce industry with many stores setting up online sites. It doesn’t matter if you sell physical products like clothes or digital products like movies, you can build an online site if you want to. In fact, many experts recommend it to establish your shop’s presence online as long as you have the budget for it. And Magento is one of the best software for web design in New Jersey. It builds a responsive and SEO-friendly e-commerce site. Here’s what you need to know about this software:
What Is Magento?
Magento is an open-source e-commerce platform written in PHP and powered by Zend Framework. It currently powers more than a hundred thousand online stores for small, medium and large businesses. It’s currently owned by Adobe and it’s latest version is Magento 2.3.3.
What Is Magento Used For?
In short, it’s used to develop a professional e-commerce site that’s user-friendly and SEO-friendly. Its features include the following:
- Management of product images, reviews, ratings, etc.
- Categorizing products to make them easier to find.
- Keeping track and managing the inventory.
- Keeping track of the client’s transactions, accounts, addresses, etc.
- Managing orders.
- Providing multiple payment options like net banking, credit card, etc.
- Integrating Google Analytics to provide reports on web traffic, traffic source, etc.
- Providing customer services via forms, emails, chats, etc.
- Providing international support with multiple currency and language options.
- And much more.
Pros Of Magento
There are many reasons why clients and designers recommend this software to build a web design in New Jersey:
- Flexibility: It is open-source software that can be customized to include any feature you want your site to have as long as you know how to use PHP. You can make changes to your site’s template as you see fit. It allows you to add third-party elements to import products.Responsive Design: With time, internet shopping trend is shifting towards mobile phones as more people use it. So a mobile-friendly site is needed to ensure that customers get the desired UI/UX on all devices.
- SEO-friendly: Mobile-friendliness is an important factor in SERP ranking. The software allows you to alter the links of different web pages and their meta tags for SEO purposes.
- Room For Growth: You can start with a site that sells one or two products and expand it as your products and services increase. You can also add other features like demos if you like later.
- Unique Features: This software has many perks that other e-commerce platforms lack. Thes unique features include multiple languages, multiple stores based on geographic locations, multiple currencies and multiple pricing options.
Cons Of Magento
There are many reasons why clients and designers are wary of it:
- Limited Hosting Options: This software is large and bulky, so the sites created on it need to be hosted on a dedicated server exclusive to it to maintain good loading speeds. Hosting the website on a shared server is not an option because its loading speed will slow down a lot.
- Expensive: Its premium versions cost thousands of dollars per month, costing up to 50 thousand dollars per year. While it does have a free version but has no support system and is slow. This is because premium features are aimed at large enterprises. Hiring web developers who know the software also costs a lot.
- Complex Software: It is a complex multi-layered software with over 20 thousand files. It takes skills and experience to use and is out of a beginner’s scope. Even experienced designers need some time to get used to it. You need the help of a web design company to use it.
- Time Taking: The software’s complexity means that it will take a lot of time for developers to finish the project on time. The software’s community version takes some time to load making the process even slower.
Now that you understand the services Magento provides, you can decide if you want to use this software or not. If you do, consider hiring a web design company to get the best results.
Created on Jan 28th 2020 05:05. Viewed 315 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.