Emilia-Romagna’s Hebrew Manuscripts Collectionby Kosher River Cruise Kosher Tour Operator
If you are looking for a Kosher Cruise that shows Jewish sites and heritage, but also relics that are more than centuries-old, you have to look at Emilia-Romagna. This is one of the most developed regions in Europe and its capital, Bologna, is known to have one of the highest ‘quality of live’ indices. Not only that, but there are a few centuries-old manuscripts and scrolls that you may find fascinating.
Bologna: Oldest Complete Torah Scroll (800-year old)
The relic is currently located at the University of Bologna as of 2013. The following information has been shared about this object of great importance:
- The scroll had been mislabeled in the University Library
- It contains full texts of the 5 books of Moses in Hebrew
- In 1889, one of the librarians examined the scroll and dated it to the 17th Century
- When re-examined, it was discovered the script that was used is of Oriental Babylonian Tradition, concluding that the scroll may have been older than it really was
- Carbon Dating Test results show that the text may have been more than 800 years old
- Due to the date and its contents, this relic would be the oldest complete text of the Torah known in human existence
Modena: Hebrew Manuscripts (16th-17th century)
In Nonantola (near Modena), a large amount of Hebrew Manuscript collections was found. The manuscripts contains the following:
- Sections of Kabbalah, Mishnah, and Talmud
- Other Scientific Materials
- Biblical Manuscripts
- Halachic Texts
The fragments, scholars said, were used as book-binding materials. During the 1970’s, it was found out that they were Hebrew Manuscripts and Parchments during the 16th-17th century. The fragments are located in the following establishments:
- Archivio Storico Comunale (273 fragments on 126 books)
- Estense Library (60 illuminated Hebrew Manuscripts)
Parma: De Rossi Collection (over 1,600 manuscripts)
One of the largest collections of Incunabula and Manuscripts, the De Rossi Collection, is located in Palatine Library. It has over 1,600 manuscripts and was amassed by Professor De Rossi during the 18th century. It is said that this collection of Hebrew Manuscript deals with great importance about Jewish History.
Created on Aug 12th 2021 12:08. Viewed 106 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.