Effective Ayurvedic UTI treatment With Jiva Ayurvedaby jiva ayurveda Jivaayurveda
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), a common disorder that causes a burning sensation while urinating and an increase in the frequency of urination. UTI is a bacterial infection which is more common in women as the urethra is smaller and close to anus, which is a source of contamination.
Along with the burning sensations, other symptoms of UTI includes:
- Strong smell in the urine
- Fever and chills
- Red or light pink colored urine
- Dark and cloudy urine
- Pain in lower abdomen and/or back
Major causes of UTI are:
- Reduced intake of fluids
- Kidney stone
- Bowel incontinence
- Suppressing the urge for urination
Excessive intake of salty, bitter, oily and spicy food items also causes UTI. UTI is common in pregnancy as well. Conditions like working in extremely hot weather and lot of physical exertion damages the condition.
However, in Ayurveda, aggravated pita dosha is responsible for UTI. It is very important to note here that if a good UTI treatment is not availed, this infection can result in other complications like infection in urinary bladder, kidneys and inflammation of urethra.
When it comes to UTI treatment, western medical treatment may give immediate relief, but it can have side effects. These medical drugs do not kill the infection from the root making the chances of recurrence stronger. However, ayurvedic UTI treatment provides a holistic treatment that provides long lasting relief to the patient. Because of this, many people are opting for a natural treatment and are looking for best ayurvedic center in India for UTI treatment.
Ayurvedic UTI treatment includes natural herbs and lifestyle modifications. These are explained below:
- Garlic is a potent herb for UTI treatment. It is particularly beneficial against microbes that causes cystitis.
- Cinnamon, also known as dalchini is a spice that is present in every kitchen is also very effective for UTI treatment, thanks to its antiseptic properties.
- It is also recommended that the UTI patient remain well hydrated and drink at least 8-10 glasses of water. Less intake of water is one of the main reasons for UTI. Therefore, sufficient water is a must for UTI treatment.
- Caffeine and alcohol should be avoided.
- There is an increased surge for urination during UTI. This should not be suppressed.
- Apart from water, overall fluid intake must be increased.
- The patient should refrain from sexual intercourse.
- UTI patient must eat food items that are rich in Vitamin C, like oranges and tomatoes. Grapes are also beneficial in UTI treatment. These fruits help in making the urine acidic. It also aids in preventing the bacterial growth that is characterized with urinary tract infection.
- Cranberry juice is also very effective in UTI treatment.
- Food items that are rich in fibre must be included in the diet.
- Probiotic milk and yoghurt are great in treating UTI. This is because of the lactobacilli and bifidobacterial present in probiotic milk and yoghurt. These are good bacteria that helps in improving the strength of urinary tract.
- Carbonated drinks should be avoided by UTI patients.
- Artificial sweeteners must be kept away.
- The patient should refrain from cakes and starchy food items.
- The patient must wear cotton and loose-fitting garments and should maintain cleanliness and hygiene. For the same reason, good quality hygiene products must be used.
- Yoga aasanas like surya namaskar, bhujanagaasana and dhanuraasna should be practiced. These yoga aasanas stimulate as well as preserve the health of urinary and genital system.
The basic approach for UTI treatment in Ayurveda is to promote and balance the doshas. To embrace Ayurveda and reap its benefits to treat urinary tract infection, it is advised to visit a trained ayurvedic specialist in the best ayurvedic center in India.
Created on Feb 11th 2018 22:54. Viewed 410 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.