ECBA exam tips from 100+ ECBAsby Ananya P. Co-founder
Have you been dreaming of being a business analyst but don't know where to start?
Thinking of making a career switch to business analyst but clueless on the path ahead.
Planning to give a strong hold on your BA profile which has just begun.
Then there is some fresh and welcome news for you.
The newly introduced ECBA certification from IIBA is recommended for aspiring and new Business analysts.
This not only gives you a rock solid foundation for getting into the BA profession also helps you with a global certification.
ECBA has the backing of market recognition of IIBA hence the job opportunities it would bring in due to acceptance in the corporate segment.
ECBA is framed rightly to suit the needs of an entry level Business analyst focusing on requirements analysis, modeling and requirements lifecycle management with a good amount of emphasis on modeling concepts and tools.
This post is to share some great inputs and tips on ECBA exams from 100+ ECBA v3 certified professionals that I have closely interacted with.
ECBA Prep tips
Preparing the ECBA application
- Begin at least 1 months before you plan to apply
- Download and review the certification Handbook before you begin
- Apply within 6 months of when you plan to write
- Provide educational qualifications (There is no expectation)
- Provide professional development details
- Approval is immediate
- Total USD 295 (membership fees+ Application fees + Exam fees)
Exam contents and format
- 50 multiple choice questions
- Time limit - 1hour/60 minutes
- Definition based questions
- Conducted in a proctored model by PSI Online
- Need a computer with a webcam
- Focus preparation more on
- Elicitation and collaboration
- Requirements lifecycle management
- Requirements analysis and design definition
- Techniques related to the above
- Lesser weight on BA planning and monitoring, solution evaluation, strategy analysis
- Focus on purpose of the tasks and techniques
- Questions with diagrams and calculations are unlikely
- Questions are expected to be single sentence questions
- Questions on definitions role
- Questions on advanced modeling concepts unlikely
- Understand requirements characteristics
- Questions from advanced techniques unlikely
- Understanding of types of tracing requirements
ECBA Exam Tips - Pre exam readiness
- Have good internet - Have backup for internet connection
- Make sure your computer has a working camera.
- Start 30 minutes early with all infrastructures ready.
- Keep some water for yourself.
- Observe time elapsed against progress made
All the best ahead for your ECBA exams.
Listen to a free IIBA webinar on ECBA Exam prep tips by IIBA:
How to Best Prepare for ECBA
Created on Jul 5th 2018 06:28. Viewed 465 times.