Dynamics 365 Talent Integration with Business Centralby Sam William Sam is an expert on Microsoft Dynamics
One of the features that make Dynamics 365 Business Central so popular and desirable is its extensive integration capabilities. Being a part of the D365 family, its power is utilized at its best, only when integrated and communicated with other applications. One such application that people need integration with is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Talent. Here we will discuss how you can implement HR Management in Dynamics 365 Business Central in your system in the form of Talent.
Before that, let us get to know Dynamics Talent a little more:
Talent serves as HR Management in Dynamics 365 Business Central. Initially based on AX HRM, Dynamics Talent is now a separate solution on its own. Thus, you can use it independently and leverage its exceptional HCM capabilities or integrate it with Dynamics 365 Business Central. Their collaboration will open new avenues and provide you with a powerful tool.
Benefits of Microsoft Dynamics Talent:
1. Attract Dashboard: the hiring team members can observe review and communicate all sorts of relevant information.
2. Jobs: all sorts of Job related information can be uploaded on this page. Additionally, the recruiting and interviewing team can be changed according to needs.
3. Candidates: this aspect makes it really easy for the requiting team to sort, add, review and manage candidates that are applying for the job. It also helps to identify the potential clients.
4. Stages: provides with a predefined hiring process including four stages: Apply-Screen-Interview-Offer.
5. Candidate Apps: a platform where job details are updated for the candidates. Candidates can also submit their availability for interview.
6. Analytic Reports: analytic reports in Attract can be used to view key hiring processes metrics for a single job or aggregated jobs.
Thus, the utilities of Dynamics 365 Talent can really help to boost the productivity of the requiting team by reducing their manual labor. The solution automates the hiring process to a great degree.
Now let us move to the integration specifications:
In order to integrate Talent with Dynamics 365 Business Central, you will have to use Azure services- Logic Apps. Dynamics 365 Talent has its entities CDS, while Logic apps have connectors for CDS and Business Central. Thus, all you need to integrate the solutions is to map the entities and fields in each of the systems, and think about the business logic. You can choose from the following options as per the requirement of your business:
1. Integrating Onboard or Attract apps in Talent with Business Central.
2. Integrating HRM core system with HR Management in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
For the first option, we have to use the HR module in Dynamics 365 Business Central and leverage only two or three parts of Dynamics Talent. While for the second option, we have to use core HR in Dynamics 365 Talent. In the next segment, we will discuss the second option in details.
Basic Setup in Business Central
It is important to understand that you already have all the necessary HR capabilities in Dynamics 365 Talent and thus we do not need all of the same in Business Central. Hence, you will only move the data that is necessary for other realms of Business Central. Following this, you have to move the relevant data to employee tables as per business requirements.
Locating information in Talent
After you have the basic configurations, you can move with the integration process. The first step into this is to find where the employee data is located in Talent. To do the same, you have to open the list of CDS entities which can be done by using PowerApps platform.
Once these steps are covered, you can move to the technicalities and get Dynamics Talent integrated with Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Created on Jun 8th 2020 06:43. Viewed 208 times.