Does untreated Pelvic Inflammatory Disease cause Ectopic Pregnancyby Dr. Rita Bakshi Senior IVF Specialist
- In females if the inflammation persists for a long duration in the pelvic region can cause vaginal discharge.
- Low-grade fever in patients suffering from PID has been seen.
- Malaise is a lethargic condition occurs in such females.
- Lower abdominal pain or cramping has been reported.
Complications of PID
PID if not treated earlier can be life threatening results in following complexity.
- PID results in scarring or damage to the Fallopian tubes.
- Due to infection and inflammation in fallopian tubes there is increased risk of pregnancy. Out of 10 in most of the cases 1 patient suffers from ectopic pregnancy. This is a troublesome situation in which fertilized egg of the females doesn’t attach to the uterus. Instead, it gets attached to the fallopian tube, abdominal cavity or cervix.
- According to the gynecologist, fertilized eggs can’t grow anywhere other than the uterus.
- Intricate pregnancy accounts for miscarriage, premature birth and stillbirth.
Management of PID
The treatment of PID involves antibiotics for at least two weeks. For a serious medical condition doctors provide other medications and treatments accordingly. Infertility treatment in India is performed by the assorted and highly qualified doctors, nurses and embryologists at International Fertility Centre.
Created on Nov 8th 2017 04:32. Viewed 435 times.