Documents and Criteria to Apply for Canada PR Visaby Nationwide Visas Canadian Immigration Expert
Most people apply for Canada PR Visa if their plan is to move to Canada on a permanent basis. Several thousands of individuals across the world seek to immigrate to Canada owing to its pro-immigration policies. Moreover, the Government of Canada also supports the arrival and integration of immigrants into the nation.
Moving to Canada assures adequate resources for living and a peaceful lifestyle. The fast-expanding economy of the nation offers abundant career opportunities to competent and skilled overseas workers. Seeking Permanent Resident status is natural for prospective immigrants seeking to establish themselves in Canada. The validity of the Canada PR Visa is 5 years and it is renewable.
Prerequisites to apply for Canada PR Visa
- Ensure that you are eligible to apply as you will have to score a minimum of 67 points to qualify
- Obtain your ECA - Education Credential Assessment Report from WES
- Appear for the IELTS test and obtain the minimum IELTS score for Canada PR Visa
- Collate the letters of recommendation from the employers
Best Programs to apply for Canada PR Visa
IRCC - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada offers more than 100 immigration pathways to prospective immigrants seeking PR Visas. Some of the most preferred pathways include:
- Express Entry System: Manages online applications for 3 federal economic immigration programs
- PNPs: Provincial Nominee Programs are immigration programs managed by provinces in Canada in collaboration with IRCC
- Entrepreneur/ Investor Program: Aims at overseas investors or entrepreneurs seeking to establish a new business or invest in a current business in Canada
- Self-employed Program: For individuals who have the expertise to qualify
- Family Class Sponsorship: Permanent Residents and Citizens of Canada can sponsor the immigration of family members
Criteria to apply for Canada PR Visa
The applicants for a PR Visa must not be above the age of 45 years. The maximum points are offered to those who are in the age group of 18 to 35 years.
In order to apply for a PR visa, applicants must possess a minimum educational qualification corresponding to Higher Secondary Education in Canada.
You are required to have a minimum of full-time 1 year of work experience. Higher work experience will incur you more points. Your job must be classified as Skill Level B, 0, or A under the National Occupational Classification in Canada.
You must possess a minimum of 6 bands in all sections of IELTS and the results must have been obtained within 24 months of the application.
Documents required for applying for Canada PR Visa
The following documents are essential to filing an application for Canada PR Visa:
- Proof of Funds
- ECA - Education Credential Assessment
- Language Test Results
- A letter of employment from a Canadian company, optional
- A Territory Nomination Certificate or Provincial Nomination Certificate, optional
- If applicable, Marriage certificates or Divorce certificates
- Your unique reference number
- Express Entry Profile Number
- Validation code for job seekers
- Medical report from authorized Doctor
- Birth Certificate Photocopy
- Verification Report from Police
- Letters of endorsement from previous employers
When to apply for Canada PR Visa?
You have to first create an online profile in Express Entry if you fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria and have all the specified documents. Later you will be entered into a pool of qualified candidates in the Express Entry pool and offered ranking according to the Comprehensive Ranking System.
If you secure a score in CRS equal to or higher than the cut-off specified for the specific Express Entry draw, you will be offered an Invitation to Apply.
Once you receive the ITA, you have to file the complete Canada PR Visa application within the next 60 days inclusive of all essential documents.
As a final step, IRCC requires you to appear for a Medical test. After verification of your documents, you will be asked to provide your Passport to the Embassy of Canada.
Canada PR Visa Processing Time
The processing time for your Canada PR Visa is normally 6 months after you obtain the ITA. This is the estimation of the time taken to process your application. However, the time taken for you to receive ITA cannot be estimated as it depends on multiple factors.
Additionally, the processing time also varies based on the immigration program you have selected to apply for Canada PR Visa. It also depends on the backlog of applications currently being processed by IRCC. Another factor is the time that you take to respond to any requests for extra documents made by the Immigration authorities.
Nationwide Visas offers you customized immigration solutions and strategies for your Canada PR Visa application from ICCRC-accredited Immigration Consultants. Register your appointment today!
Created on Sep 3rd 2022 05:52. Viewed 191 times.