Display Control Unit and Display Unitby Generator D. Diesel Generator
Display Control Unit and Display Unit
DCU II (Display Control Unit)
The Volvo Penta DCU II instrument panel communicates with the engines control unit and has a number of functions as control, monitoring and diagnostics.
NOTICE! Settings and the type of Volvo engine data presented on the display may vary depending on the installation and engine model. Depending on the installation the DCU II can also be used as presentation display only.
NOTICE! The menus and illustrations shown here are the English version. Refer to the section Settingsto change the display language.
The DCU II basic view shows three main menus.
• VOLVO NGINE DATA (ENGINE DATA), shows current engine data.
• DIAGNOSTICS (DIAGNOSTICS), shows active fault codes.
• SETTINGS (SETTINGS), shows display and engine settings.
The status bar with symbols for active malfunctions is shown in the top right of the display.
Alarms and messages
Messages to the operator are of three types, color coded according to degree of severity.
When a message is shown on the display, press OK key to reach the diagnostic menu to get more information regarding registered faults and instructions for remedial actions.
• ALARM (ALARM), red text, the system has detected a serious fault — consult a Volvo Penta workshop immediately.
• VARNING (WARNING), yellow text, the system has detected a fault — consult a Volvo Penta workshop as soon as possible.
• MEDDELANDE (MESSAGE), blue text, non-critical engine message for the operator.
ENGINE DATA (ENGINE DATA)
Engine data shown may vary depending on the engine installation.
• Engine Hours (Engine Hour) (tim)
• Engine Speed (Engine Speed) (rpm)
• Coolant Temperature (Coolant Temperature) (°C)
• Oil Pressure (Oil Pressure) (kPa)
• Fuel Rate (Fuel Rate) (l/h) Current fuel consumption.
• Boost Temperature (Boost Temperature) (°C)
• Boost Pressure (Boost Pressure) (kPa)
• Oil Temperature (Oil Temperature) (°C)
If the system detects a malfunction, the driver is informed via a pop-up message on the display. The fault codes are listed in the diagnostics menu; active fault codes are at the top of the list and are denoted be a green dot. For more information regarding cause and remedies, use the arrow button to scroll to the fault concerned and press OK . This will also provied information about number of engine hours when the fault became active and the SPN and FMI codes.
• Set backlight time (Set backlight time). On/OFF, sets backlight to run in standby mode. On is the default setting.
• Set backlight brightness (Set backlight brightness). Adjust display backlight brightness using the panel arrow buttons.
• Set Instrument Brightness (Set Instrument Brightness). Sets backlighting in the display instrument.
• Change background color (Change background color). Select background color, gray or white.
Sets the display language; chooses between English, French, German, Spanish and Chinese.
• Save current configuration (Save current configuration). Save the current display settings.
• Restore last configuration (Restore last configuration). Restore the last displayed settings saved.
Created on Jun 29th 2018 04:40. Viewed 320 times.