Digital Marketing in Business: A Complete Opportunity Overviewby Mack Allen SEO Expert
Things are changing too quickly. The old is replaced by the new, nothing in the world stands still. This also applies to online business promotion. Previously, SEO was enough to attract customers from the Internet. A little later, internet marketing came to the rescue of SEO. Now, internet marketing alone is not enough. A new era has come - digital marketing. In this article, we will take a closer look at the concept of digital marketing and what channels, services, and tools are used in digital marketing.
Digital Marketing - What Is It?
Accordingly, digital and marketing are digital marketing. Promoting a brand and attracting customers using all possible digital channels - social networks, the Internet, email newsletters, contextual advertising, content marketing, etc. It also uses other tools to help attract customers from the offline environment - SMS, mobile applications on phones. In a word, it is a comprehensive promotion of a product or service using different types of marketing (online + offline).
Digital Marketing Strategy
- definition of the purpose (s)
At this stage, you need to formulate the digital strategy's goals, taking into account all the organization's business goals.
- identification of the target audience
Define target audiences and events that will become a conversion for these groups.
- USP formation
- Analysis of tools and technologies
Take a close look at the company's internal and external digital tools and channels. Also, check out the ones that are available but not yet used. Formulate goals, objectives and main challenges for each channel (website, social media, mobile devices, CRM, ERP, etc.)
- Content strategy
The content strategy needs to be carefully developed: to consider in detail the tone, audience, method, and time of content delivery. Most importantly, not to deviate from the goal - to communicate effectively and appropriately with users.
Prioritize tasks based on urgency, importance, timeline, budget, and other resources available. Then distribute them among employees and place KPIs.
- getting the result
Determine how you will test the results of each step and the success of the project.
- correction of results
After you have completed all the previous steps, you need to carefully analyze them, find bottlenecks, and make changes to business processes to improve efficiency.
Benefits of digital marketing
- Build engagement with a wider target audience
- Delivering information to more potential customers in a short time
- More powerful impact on the audience
- Increased brand awareness and customer loyalty
- Transparent measurement of marketing campaign results and the ability to make adjustments in real-time
- Lower costs compared to traditional advertising.
- Let's talk about digital marketing in numbers.
As mentioned above, digital marketing is a set of different marketing tools for attracting customers from both online and offline environments. Let's take a look at what the global numbers tell us about the various new marketing tools.
- TheNewYorkTimes has 30 emails with a 70% open rate. They got such a result, thanks to the narrow segmentation of the target audience. One series of letters works for students, another for retirees, a third for sports fans, and so on.
- Experian conducted a study that showed that personalized emails were opened 26% more often than with template subjects.
- MarketingLand reported that 80% of users pay attention to the etiquette of correspondence with strangers. Their decision on further communication depends on this.
- Salesforce claims that using emoji in an email helps increase conversions. Only 2% of emails use this digital marketing technique.
- According to the Campaign Monitor, most of the openings are in letters sent between 6:00 pm and 11:00 pm.
- Monday and Friday are the most productive days for email newsletters, as the other days are the ones with the most emails, CoSchedule reports.
- MarketingLand reports that people over 45 like the humor in the subject line more than younger audiences.
- A study by DMR showed that more than 50 billion searches per month are made from mobile devices, which is important for digital marketing.
- 80% of Internet users own smartphones.
- The 2015 State of Marketing Report surveyed marketers on the importance of optimizing emails for mobile devices. 31% of respondents say that more than half of their emails are opened from mobile. It is also known that only 47% of B2C companies fully utilize text optimization.
- ExpressPigeon reports that over 50% of users start using their smartphones as soon as they wake up.
- Research by McKinsey & Company found that 61% of smartphone users do not return to a website if they have difficulty accessing it. Also, a 40% return to competitors.
- More than 1 billion smartphone owners use Facebook every month.
- 32% of teens use Instagram more often than other social media networks.
- More than 20% of the world's population has active Facebook accounts.
- 76% of users visit Facebook daily. Instagram, in turn, accounts for 51% of such users.
- 33% of marketers make between 2 and 5 posts per month.
- 70% of companies are increasing their budget for video content.
- The popularity of infographics has grown by 800% over the past year.
- More than 80% of marketers use written content and plan to increase it.
- 28% of digital marketers study podcasts.
- More than 600 million users do not want to see ads, using various services to block it. One of the benefits of organic sites.
- About 60% of B2B marketers say they got the majority of their customers through SEO.
- The first 3 sites from search results receive more than 50% of conversions.
- 39% of users will leave a site if it takes a long time to load.
Online Advertising Channels
For this type of marketing to work effectively, you need to know where and how to use it. Let's dwell on this in more detail:
- Social networks. Brands increasingly use this channel due to its effectiveness. You can directly communicate with your current and potential customers, engaging them through posts, and targeted advertising. Creating interesting and useful publications, contests, and surveys grab the target audience's attention and have a good effect on brand awareness.
- Own blog. Regular writing of useful articles also has a positive effect on attracting attention and loyalty from the target audience. The only condition is that all information should be really useful and interesting to your audience.
- Mobile applications. You can see a tendency that most of the users surf the Internet from their phones. This plays into the hands of digital marketing. Mobile apps are designed to make it easier, faster, and more convenient for the user to find the information they need and order goods and services. Thus, a person gets what he needs in a few clicks on his phone. Online shopping, taxi, and food delivery services, hotels, useful blogs - for all these (and not only) areas, but mobile applications will also play a good role.
- Email newsletter. This channel allows you to point-to-point the sharing of news, articles, and commercial offers. With the right audience setup, email marketing can deliver great results.
- SEO. Search engine optimization of a website takes a lot of time before the first results appear, but at the same time, it is less expensive than contextual advertising. After spending a lot of time and effort, this channel will attract a huge number of customers over a long time.
- Contextual advertising. As mentioned above, contextual advertising requires a lot of investment. However, its strength lies in the almost instantaneous acquisition of customers immediately after the launch of the advertising campaign. Regular budget investments in advertising and a competent audience setting will allow you to receive new customers, developing digital marketing constantly.
- Native advertising. A channel that is gaining more and more popularity. Collaborating with popular bloggers brings incredible results for companies. The main advantage of this channel is the absence of direct advertising. Brand information is perceived easily and unobtrusively.
- MEDIA. Publishing on popular news sites with the right audience increases brand awareness and trust.
Created on Aug 25th 2020 17:35. Viewed 640 times.