Different Types of Mobile App Development Business Owners Must Knowby Rob Stephen getaprogrammer
Are you planning to invest in mobile app development? If yes, then here are the three different types of application development approaches you need to know first.
As per the current scenario, mobile applications are dominating the internet market and are the most-browsed element of mobile devices. Whether it is a list of grocery items or buying dresses, daily essentials, planning trips, booking events, playing games, browsing social media, or anything else, people depend on mobile apps for everything today. They have made people’s life easier and faster. And, this has made businesses go for mobile app development on one or more platforms.
However, the process of the approach is not as easy as it may seem to you. Business owners have to go through a lot of factors and considerations for this like choosing the right platform, the target audience, etc. And one among these factors is choosing the right type of mobile application development and this depends on the target audience again, the business objectives, and the project requirements.
And to give you a better idea about this, here are the three types of mobile application development clearly explained for you.
Native mobile application development:
Native mobile apps are built for a specific type of platform or Operating System that can be either for Android, or iOS, or Windows, or something else, these three being the most popular ones. This means that if you are planning to build an application for both iOS and Android and you want to go with native app development, you have to get it built separately for the two platforms using completely different technology stacks. A native application supports all features of the specific platform for which the app is developed and all devices that run on it. This type of mobile application development has its own benefits and is considered to be the most preferred one by app developers.
Pros of Native app development:
- Offers better performance and responsiveness
- More reliable, highly secure, and ensures platform-specific UI implementation
- Much more interactive and intuitive
- Native apps can interact with any features of any mobile device
- As these apps are built for a particular platform, they can work only on devices that run on that platform and this limits the number of users as well.
- For every platform, it needs a separate set of codes, which increases the development time if you want to build your app for more than one platform with this approach.
Hybrid mobile application development:
Unlike native application development, with this approach, you can get your app built for more than one platform using the same set of codes. Reach out to a wider user-base using different mobile devices is easier and faster with this application development approach.
- Hybrid application development has a single code base for all platforms, which in turn, saves more time and makes the development process faster, letting you launch your app on time on multiple platforms.
- These applications offer the same user experience across multiple platforms.
- This approach does not work well for HD or 3D game apps, and high graphics-oriented applications.
Web mobile application development:
Though web apps are not the real applications that are launched on the App Stores of different platforms, these are applications that are built exclusively for tablets and smartphones. The applications can recognise the user’s device and can get adapted to it accordingly.
- Web apps run in web browsers actually and hence a single responsive application can be run on different types of devices. This also lowers the total development costs.
- As web applications run from host servers, there’s no need for any installations on local machines.
- There’s no need to download web apps, which means they won’t consume any internal storage of the device.
- Web applications work only with the availability of an internet connection.
- As these apps are not released on App Stores and are not like the real apps, you need to put more effort into marketing, promoting these, and reach out to more users.
Having considered that applications are important for every business today, which type of development is best suited for you completely relies on the purpose of building the app, the target audience, and of course the business requirements. And hope this article provided you with a clear idea about all types of application development approaches and their pros and cons to help you make the right choice for your next project.
Rob Stephen is one of the most experienced application developers associated with the top mobile app development company in Australia, GetAProgrammer. The author has written this article to make business owners know about these different application development approaches to choose the right one as per the business requirements, the objectives, and the budget.
Created on Mar 30th 2021 07:17. Viewed 58 times.