Diabetic Foot Problems: Symptoms, Treatment, and Foot Careby Dr. Ravul Jindal Vascular Veins Specialist in Mohali
People who have diabetes are vulnerable to foot problems which result from persistent high pressure on the foot. There are two main foot problems that affect people with diabetes. These include:
- Diabetic neuropathy. The person who is affected by this condition has difficulty feeling irritation or any other sensation in the foot
- Peripheral vascular disease. This is a condition associated with blood circulation which leads to the narrowing and blocking of blood vessels in the body.
Symptoms of diabetes foot problems
- Loss of feeling/sensation on the foot
- Skin discoloration
- Red Streaks
- Painful tingling
- Deformed foot appearance
- Numbness/tangling sensation
- Painless wounds or blisters
- Variations in skin temperature
- Uncontrollable blood sugar
Non-surgical treatments are the first options offered by the doctor for diabetic foot problems. Some of the techniques used include:
- Cleaning and dressing the wounds frequently
- Use of immobilization devices including cast boots
In this case, you will need to visit “vascular surgery”. Surgical techniques are applied if the foot problems are not healed by the use of non-surgical techniques. They include:
- Removal of dead/decaying tissue
- Surgical stabilization of the infected foot
- Endovascular surgery
- Amputation of some parts of the foot or the toes.
Diabetic foot care
Diabetic foot problems can be prevented effectively by proper foot care. Below is some foot care that you can follow:
- Check the foot daily for any kind of changes.
- Clean them daily
- Wear shoes that can protect you from shock
- Trim your nails carefully
- Avoid exposing the foot to extreme temperature
- Ensure that your foot is regularly examined by a doctor
- Avoid smoking
Find the best foot problems and Varicose Veins Treatment in India by visiting Indian Vascular Surgery and meet Dr. Ravul Jindal.
Created on Jun 7th 2018 01:25. Viewed 751 times.