Complete steps 123.hp.com/setup process
by Carl Smith Software Developer
A new hp printer requires proper installation and connection before it can do its job correctly. Follow the steps given here to successfully complete the 123.hp.com/setup process.
Complete steps 123.hp.com/setup process
Step 1. Unpacking & initial setup for Hp Printer.
Step 2. Software & Driver Installation for Hp Printer.
Step 3. Hp printer connection setup( Wired & Wireless).
Step 4. Hp printer Connection setup for mobile devices.
To begin with, Hp 123 setup starts with the unboxing of the printer. Remove the packaging carefully and then connect it to the power supply.
Now depending on your printer's model fill the ink tank or insert the Cartridges in their cabinets. Next Load some paper, in the paper tray.
Start with Hp Software and Driver Installation
Before you can start the wireless connection you need Hp printer driver and software installed and ready.
● To obtain the latest hp software you will need to download it from the Hp website. Open the link, 123.hp.com/setup in a browser.
● Under the download section, specify your printer's name and model. Then download the software and drivers available for your Hp printer.
● After the download run the Installer and complete the installation. Now double click the Hp software icon to launch the Hp software application.
● The second step of the installation will be a window for configuring the Printer Connection. Do nothing at this point.
123 hp setup - USB Connection
● Make sure you have a USB cable available. It comes with the printer so check in the box.
● On the Hp software screen, when asked to select the connection type, click on the USB option.
● Now connect the USB cable to the printer and insert it in the USB port of the computer.
● The Hp printer will now configure the connection.
Hp 123.hp.com Setup - Wireless
Now are the days of wireless technology and when every device is going wireless why not the printer. All the modern hp printers are capable of wireless configuration. To setup 123 Hp wirelessly follow the steps:
Prerequisites for wireless connection
● The most important requirement is that your internet connection has to be stable and also check that your computer is connected to the same wireless network that the hp printer will be connected to.
● You have the network information, that is the name and passcode of the network. Once you have everything turn on the printer and place it within the router's range.
Restore the printer's wireless settings to factory default
● Now if the printer has been switched on for the first time, it will be in Wireless connection mode by default for two hours or you can restore it to default wireless settings.
● Press and hold the power button, do not release it.
● Simultaneously press the Start Copy Black button twice and then press the Cancel button three times.
● Now Release the Power button. The wireless light will flash. If it doesn't blink, you have to repeat the steps again.
Continue with the installation
● On the Hp, software window click Continue.
● Follow the on-screen prompts until the “Connection options” screen appears.
● On this screen, select the option to make a wireless connection to the printer and then click on the Next button.
Now you have to choose the wireless connection option. A screen will appear with the best method for making the wireless configuration.
● If your Hp printer support hp auto wireless connect. This option will appear on the connection screen of Hp software.
● When you select this connection type, you will be prompted with the option, Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer. Just select it and click on the continue button.
● Just wait now. Hp 123 setup will retrieve the network settings and then configure the printer on the wireless network.
WPS connection (or Wi-Fi protected setting)
● This is the pushbutton method, which literally means pushing a button.
● For this connection type to work your router must be capable of WPS connection.
● You must locate the WPS pushbutton on the printer's panel and then press it.
● After a few minutes, just press the router's WPS button.
● There, the connection will be made and your printer will able to receive print instructions over the wireless network.
HP wireless configuration
This third method requires that you know the name of your Wi-Fi network and the security password which you would have already obtained reading the instructions above. Also, this method can only work on the Hp printer models with a touch display.
● On the printer's control panel, go to the "Network" menu or press the "Wireless" button.
● Now in the network menu select "Settings", and then tap on "Wireless Configuration Wizard".
● A list of wireless networks in the vicinity will appear on the screen.
● Select the name of yours and you are done. The printer will do the rest. It will make the connection and be ready to print.
Created on Nov 18th 2020 11:25. Viewed 128 times.