Complete Guide for Buying a GE Ultrasoundby Jeff Hough Program Manager
GE is regarded as one of the most prominent manufacturers of medical equipment. With many ultrasound options available from GE alone, it can feel overwhelming to know which model will best suit your needs. We help you decipher GE naming conventions and provide information on some of the key features from across GE’s product lines.
Categorization of Console and Portable Machines
Console are classed by a system of letters and numbers.
- P = Performance, represents low to mid-range machines
- S = Signature, represents mid to upper-range machines
- E = Expert, represents high-end, advanced machines
The higher the number which follows the letter signifier, the more capabilities the machine will have. An S6, for example, will have more features than an S5.
Portables have a similar classification in terms of the numbers, though the letter designation is slightly different:
- E = Low to mid-range machine
- I = Mid to upper-range machine
- Q = High-end machine
Model Name Designations Explained
GE ultrasounds have three main product lines: Vivid, Logiq and Voluson.
Vivid: The GE Vivid product line is a collection of ultrasounds specifically aimed at cardiovascular imaging. They range from lightweight compact systems to advanced 4D imaging consoles.
- Vivid iq: A top-of-the-line portable, the Vivid iq is a small but powerful machine that is used to handle tough daily demands. It allows staff to focus on the patient and the ultrasound images during the exam.
- Vivid i: One of the most popular models, a portable ultrasound for cardiac applications.
- Vivid E9: A top-of-the-line, premium cardiovascular ultrasound.
- Vivid S6: A high-end, cardiovascular ultrasound.
- Vivid S5: Very similar to the S6, but with fewer features and a lower price point.
Voluson: The Voluson line is geared towards women’s health and OB/GYN. It boasts some of the most advanced features found on any ultrasound in the field.
- Voluson E10: This is GE’s premium 4D OB/GYN ultrasound. The GE Voluson E10 replaces the lower priced Voluson E8, but offers four times the processing power of the E8, a larger screen and new advanced technologies.
- Voluson E8: A premium 4D model used to handle routine to complex women’s health exams with ease and precision
- Voluson E6: Delivers excellent 2D and 3D/4D image quality and color Doppler
- Voluson S10: A step up from the Voluson S8 with a few more advanced features
- Voluson S8: More compact than the E8 and E6 ultrasounds, with slightly fewer features
Logiq: GE Logiq is primarily suited to general radiology and advanced point of care imaging. Designed for a wide range of applications, the Logiq line is renowned for dependability and affordability.
- Logiq P5: The most budget-friendly yet perfectly capable ultrasound
- Logiq P6: More advanced than the P3 but still at an affordable price point
- Logiq P7: Midrange ultrasound with advanced features
- Logiq S7: A significant step up from the P Series, without the advanced features and hefty price tag of GE’s E series
- Logiq S8: Extremely light and compact and is the replacement for the S7
- Logiq E9: Full featured premium product with wide range of capabilities
- Logiq E10: Another flagship machine from GE renowned for advanced features and dynamic workflow options
Venue: GE’s Venue line of Ultrasounds are designed for simple, fast and intuitive operation. Best known as point of care ultrasounds, the Venue line is portable and affordable.
- Venue 40: With no buttons, knobs or keyboards the Venue 40 is a tablet style ultrasound designed for point of care use and needle placement.
- Venue 50: Expanding on the features of the Venue 40, the Venue 50 excels in needle guidance with GE’s Pinpoint GT technology. The Venue 50 is a tablet style system that is both wireless and portable.
- Venue: Featuring a larger 19” monitor, the Venue features automated tools to speed up diagnosis in a point of care setting. This machine provides simple, fast and precise images for diagnosis in critical moments.
Once you know the code to GE’s naming convention it’s easier to find the right ultrasound machine for your practice. This article can be used as a guide for key features from across GE’s product lines.
Created on Mar 6th 2019 04:43. Viewed 549 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.