Common problems in installation of wood plastic profiles
by Kavi H. SEO Expert and Experienced Link Builder
1. Whether it is necessary to leave a gap during the installation: considering the drainage, cleaning, slight thermal expansion/contraction, and other factors, an appropriate gap must be left between the side to side and head to head during the installation of wood plastic profiles
. Wood-plastic will not expand and contract because of the humidity and dryness of the environment but will expand and contract to a certain extent according to the change of temperature. Therefore, there are gaps on the edge to edge and head to head, especially in winter
2. Whether there are requirements for the span of wood plastic during installation: Yes, the span of the joist should not be too large during the installation of the wood-plastic profile. Shorter spacing may be required for installation in special service environments or under unusual loading conditions, such as hot baths. Relevant data can be provided by the supplier during design. Please do an engineering analysis before installation.
3. Can wood-plastic profiles be used as structural parts: No. Although ordinary wood-plastic profiles have high strength and toughness, they do not have the same bending strength as wood, so they can not be used as structural parts. However, the modified glass fiber reinforced wood plastic has high bending strength and can be used for structural parts.
4. What type of screw is suitable for wood-plastic profiles: it is recommended to use stainless steel, hot-dip galvanized and other high-quality screws, especially self-tapping screws, which will help to increase the screw holding force.
5. How to process wood plastic and whether special tools are needed: wood is as easy to process as wood, and even easier in some aspects. The wood plastic can be cut and drilled with ordinary wood processing tools.
6. What should be paid attention to in the installation of wood plastic materials: wood plastic materials have the same processing characteristics as wood. They can be sawed, drilled, and nailed with ordinary tools, which are very convenient and can be used like wood. The key points are to pay attention to two points:
（1）strictly follow the span requirements specified by the manufacturer because wood-plastic materials have greater creep than wood, Too large span will cause security risks.
（2）Considering the reasons for drainage, cleaning, and slight thermal expansion and cold contraction, when wood-plastic materials are used for floor, wall panel, and other purposes, appropriate gaps must be left between the side to side and head to head.
7. How to maintain the wood plastic: even in the outdoor wind and sun, the wood-plastic will not rot, break or crack. In addition, it also has the ability to be anti-ultraviolet and does not need special maintenance.
8. Does low-temperature weather affect wood plastics? Wood plastics still perform well even in low-temperature weather. However, because plastic accounts for 50% of the components of wood plastics, it will become hard and brittle in extremely low-temperature weather, and the minimum service temperature can reach - 40 ℃.YIDA WPC is a leading wood-plastic composite material factory in Ningbo, China. We have more than 10 years of production experience in manufacturing outdoor floors, outdoor tables, and chairs, indoor and outdoor wall panels, stair panels, ceilings, fences, railings, garden handrails, garden pavilions, flower boxes, flower stands, etc. The product has the advantages of waterproof, anti-corrosion, moisture-proof, insect-proof, maintenance-free, green, recyclable, and easy to install. It is widely used in various fields such as building materials, decoration materials, packaging, and transportation.
Created on Jul 31st 2021 07:43. Viewed 220 times.