Cloud-Based Hotel Software is Essential for Hotel Owners in 2021by Mycloud Hospitality Software Development
Cloud-based hotel property management software is a great choice for hotels of all sizes as property owners can manage their properties from anywhere in the world. An on-premise software system often comes with several caveats that make operations difficult. Let’s take a look at some reasons why hotels should move from on-premise software to cloud-based hotel software.
1) Essential Training - On-premise software requires extensive training for the staff and every time you hire a new person, they will also need to go through the training needed to operate the software efficiently. This can add to the time required for onboarding of new employees and also increase the monetary costs related to the training. On the other hand, cloud-based hotel property management software is easy to use and requires very little training. New users can be taught how to use the software in one or two sessions.
2) An IT Team - If your hotel software is installed on a server in hotel premises, you will need a complete IT team to ensure the software works as it is supposed to. The daily checkups, data storage, and operations need support from an IT team which is always an added expense. If you choose cloud-based hotel software, all maintenance and other IT needs are taken care of by the company that provides the software.
3) Low Data Security - The data of clients as well as the financial information of the hotel's operations is always at risk when it is stored on a local server. In the case of a natural disaster or hardware failure, there is a risk of data loss or data corruption. But when you use cloud software, you can rest assured your data is secure and backed up under encryption in multiple locations.
4) Third Party Software Compatibility Issues - If your hotel also uses third party software for credit card payments or feedback collection, it might not be compatible with on-premise software. Any updates to either software might reduce or break functionality. This is where cloud software excels by providing several modules that offer increased functionality focused at hotel management software.
5) Maintenance Costs - Maintaining an on-premise software can cost you a lot in the long run as you might need to update the hardware to meet the requirements of the software. You will also need to pay for IT costs as well as any compatibility issues that might arise with software updates. For cloud based software, you can run the PMS on basic hardware that is connected to the internet.
Do you own or manage a hotel property and want to fortify your hotel management efforts with a cloud-based software? Take a look at mycloud Hospitality, an award-winning hotel software suite that is used by scores of hotels and properties around the globe. Find out more by browsing through www.mycloudhospitality.com or call +1-415-390-5039 to schedule an online demo of the software at the time you find convenient.
Created on Apr 29th 2021 15:06. Viewed 588 times.